Is there any way to to turn the backlight on when the scroll wheel is ... General Blackberry forum

barber211 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400803f1

I LOVE blackbery!! BUT........................

Advertisement

Is there any way to to turn the backlight on when the scroll wheel is moved??? When I want to get on its just anoying to hit that little light button all the way bottom right. It just messes with the flow of having it in your palm and then having to adjust for the light. Am I just being extra picky???

I have a xm mifi prtable that uses the same scroll idea and it turns on the light.

Ok before someone decides to make a program or mod just double check with ntp first

··metaCOREtex·· no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400B4400

Re: I LOVE blackbery!! BUT........................

get bblight @ http://blackberrytools.sourceforge.net/OverTheAir/ .. it is the tool that will solve what you are asking for

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

yup bblight is your answer.

oyster rsx no está en línea Stack level 2

may i ask waht bblight actually does?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

For devices like 7200/7500 series, where you have to manually press a light button for the backlight to turn on, it automatically does it for you when you press any key or move the scroll wheel. It just makes it easier to use the backlight.

Serves no real use on 7100/8700 models since the backlight turns on automatically when you press any key.

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    For devices like 7200/7500 series, where you have to manually press a light button for the backlight to turn on, it automatically does it for you when you press any key or move the scroll wheel. It just makes it easier to use the backlight.

Serves no real use on 7100/8700 models since the backlight turns on automatically when you press any key.
    Actually, I do use it on my 7100i for one very specific purpose. I subscribe to TeleNav and when I am using it, I like for the screen to stay on all the time. Under Options, you can only set the backlight timeout for a maximum of 2 minutes. So, when I am using TeleNav I also activate BBLight with "On User Activity" checked and because TeleNav updates pretty much constantly, the screen stays on. When I'm done with TeleNav, I deactivate BBLight. Works very well.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    yup bblight is your answer.
    BBlight worked great on my 7290 but when I installed in on my 7100T with the same settings the light would never go off. I had to unselect on user activity. Any suggestions? I don't know what I did wrong.