Get it, the Curve is the greatest. Rated number 1... General Blackberry forum

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337

Advertisement

Get it, the Curve is the greatest. Rated number 1

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Yes, that's very good. Did they make you update your contract for another 2 years though?
    Yes we had to upgrade as of todays date, but we just upgraded on Valentines day, so we only added another month in half to the 2 yr agreement we already had. I am so glad we will have the warranty too. I forgot about that. Should we get the extended warranty on the Curves? We never got it on the Pearls. But, I have read some posts that maybe that would be a good idea.

I have so many themes and 3rd party apps on my Pearl (It is dialed in). Now I will have to find them again and download them in 8320 version. Oh well, that is kind of fun though
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 04-06-2008 at 12:47 AM.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    They have an extended warranty option? LOL. No, I don't think you should get that. Mabye insurance. I know you're going to love the curves, I upgraded from the Pearl also, and I love the Curve.

Who did you get the other Curve for, if you don't mind me asking?

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats a pretty good deal
    And also if later on you wanted to sell yours u can ask tmo to unlock it and you would get more money for it

Oh, Insurance, that is what I meant.. duh.. For my husband, we have a family plan and he got the saphire blue pearl and I got the white one for Valentines day gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Don LuiG View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats a pretty good deal
    And also if later on you wanted to sell yours u can ask tmo to unlock it and you would get more money for it
    Will they just go and unlock it for you? That is a very good idea..

sh6ne no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had a pearl... then got a curve... and I just went back to the pearl. sure the curve is the so-called "best blackberry device" from a technical standpoint... but I like my pearl wayyy more.

no 1. the curve may have full qwerty, but I wear fitted jeans and it doesnt fit so well in my pocket...

no 2. i can type MUCH faster on the pearl and prefer suretype to full qwerty now that ive had a pearl for over a year.

no 3. the curve is all business whereas the pearl is part business/ part style.

no 4. the pearl weighs much less than a curve... now I know we're talking ounces here, but the pearl just feels so much better in my pocket.

call quality - havent noticed much of a difference...

wifi - dont care about it..

video recording/ better picture quality... dont care about either, so these features dont really matter to me.

even if someone gave me a curve for free, I would still use my pearl.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Oh, Insurance, that is what I meant.. duh.. For my husband, we have a family plan and he got the saphire blue pearl and I got the white one for Valentines day gifts.
    Aw matching phones, how cute.

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by sh6ne View Post
    I had a pearl... then got a curve... and I just went back to the pearl. sure the curve is the so-called "best blackberry device" from a technical standpoint... but I like my pearl wayyy more.

no 1. the curve may have full qwerty, but I wear fitted jeans and it doesnt fit so well in my pocket...

no 2. i can type MUCH faster on the pearl and prefer suretype to full qwerty now that ive had a pearl for over a year.

no 3. the curve is all business whereas the pearl is part business/ part style.

no 4. the pearl weighs much less than a curve... now I know we're talking ounces here, but the pearl just feels so much better in my pocket.

call quality - havent noticed much of a difference...

wifi - dont care about it..

video recording/ better picture quality... dont care about either, so these features dont really matter to me.

even if someone gave me a curve for free, I would still use my pearl.
    I think all the things you don't notice or don't care about make the Curve the so-called "best blackberry device"... Curves are the greatest!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by sh6ne View Post
    I had a pearl... then got a curve... and I just went back to the pearl. sure the curve is the so-called "best blackberry device" from a technical standpoint... but I like my pearl wayyy more
    ---------
    Three Cheers!

I enjoyed your very well written post, and find the points you made very well thought out.

I have the Pearl, a Curve, & 8820. They are all great! Just a bit different which is to be celebrated, as RIM does what no other mfg does, & that is to give us choices of size, form factor, etc.

That said, I believe that the very best BlackBerry is the one that each of us choose as our personal favorite.

Cheers!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    I think all the things you don't notice or don't care about make the Curve the so-called "best blackberry device"... Curves are the greatest!
    Not for everyone. As archer said, there is a reason RIM made a BlackBerry out there for everyone. My all time favorite, the 7105t, is mentioned 2 paragraphs below. I wish I still had one.

I personally have not even liked the Curve from day 1. The body of it just doesn't appeal to me. I guess that's cause it reminds me of the pancake style 7730 I used 4 years ago.

I moved on to the 7100 and 8100 series (7100t, 7105t and now the 8100) and found what I was looking for. Portability, ease of use, etc. However, now I am looking to going back to a full keyboard BB. I have been eyeballing the 8800 and 8820. I may even give the 8120 a look when I go to the store.

But there are 2 reasons I may take an 88xx over the 8120 (if I even decide to get another BB)...the camera, and comfort of a full keyboard for typing all day. I don't need the camera. I have a 5 mp digital camera already. I type all day and the last Pearl was beginning to hurt just like the firat one I got 15 months ago (I have had 3 of them).

So that's my take on the issue.

PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Well put Erica. Of course I'm not saying the Curve is the greatest and everyone has to like it and acknowledge that, that would just be ridiculous on my part. I just believe there are reasons that it was rated number 1.
    If it doesn't work for you or anyone else, that's cool... But I guess for most people, it does! That's what makes it the greatest. If I'm not mistaken, I believe there was a poll on Pinstack recently that the 83xx Series won (or was at least leading by a lot at one time). If I am mistaken, someone should post a thread with this as a poll.... it would be interesting to see what the stackers vote for... anyway....
    CHEERS

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I vote Curve!! Had an 8100. Didnt like it half as much as this 8300.

coldconfessi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com

They can unlock it for ya
    http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com
    Unlock Codes, Parts, Repair just tell them Albert sent ya

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast