I updated to the AT&T latest 4.5 OS, and just realized that my ringtones I ... General Blackberry forum

salscott no está en línea Stack level 2

I didn't notice until now

Advertisement

I updated to the AT&T latest 4.5 OS, and just realized that my ringtones I had set for most of my contacts were not set up any more....no big deal right? For some reason, when I go into edit mode now and select add custom ring tone....nothing is happening (it isn't letting me add). It left a few of my contacts with the custom selection....but doesn't allow me to add like it use to .
    Anyone familiar with this glitch and have a work around?
    Thanks in advance.....

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Did you delete any preloaded ringtones???

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes I did

I used Max mem to delete the preloaded....but all of the ones I had set were ringtones that I added. Is there a possibility I need to move my leftover ringtones to another file/location?

Any time I have ever deleted the preloaded ringtones it has messed up my profiles and made it imposible to add new custom tones to contacts. The only fix I found was to put the ringtones back.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Preloaded ringtones

What is the easiest way to 'reload' them...is there a way via DM? This is like having an Iphone and not being able to set custom ringtones.....

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Please az, find a way without having to redo the OS lol I dont want to have to fight the wife for her laptop, just to load this, CUS its the only one that has DM on it, im running linux, and my work PC is way to slow.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

OK guys, I'm sorry it took time to get back to you but I wanted to take the time to download maxmem use it to delete something then get those .cod files back. It doesn't require an entire OS reinstall but it does require the DM(I recommend 4.6 or lower, 4.7 may give you fits). You must have your current OS that's on your BB installed on your PC as well. Open the DM and it should tell you your BB needs to be updated, when you click next it will load the missing modules only, not an entire OS re-install. The bad thing is that this will put back all missing modules and you would need to once again remove the things you didn't want.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks

I played around a bit more with it and found that I could add the custom ring tone, not in the edit mode but in the 'list' mode. It must be a 4.5 thing that I was unaware of.....but it worked. I am glad to know this much about restoring something.
    Let me ask you about something else.....my battery has been draining at a crazy pace lately. I had added the 3 aerize apps (card loader, alerts and optimizer) and didn't notice a heavy drain until now. Do you think that Alerts is causing this due to being 'on' the whole time?