Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I was getting off a long day of work. I was talking to my ... General Blackberry forum

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C

I did the unthinkable...

Advertisement

So I was getting off a long day of work. I was talking to my g/f that was annoying me all day and that's when I did it... I was reaching to put on my hood since it was cold outside and when flicking up my hoodie I flicked my BB out of my hand onto the pavement. I was in shock. Surpringly nothing came apart and the phone was still intact, but when I got home I noticed some scratches on the side of the phone. So what is the first time you scratched your baby?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I didn't do it, my puppy did it to my first 8100 Pearl!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    out of all the BBs Ive had (15 or so), Ive only dropped one on the pavement-a brand new 8700. luckily it was in the holster and only nicked the very corner-uggghhh

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    I accidently put my car keys in the same pocket as mine and as soon as I noticed I did it (about 2 seconds later) I pulled my BB out and it had a real fine scratch right down the front of it. You wouldn't notice it if you didn't already know it was there, but it bothered me so much that I ordered a new faceplate from cnn.cn. I was wanting to put the titanium cover on it anyways though, made it look better than the original 8300.

BBjunkie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F7D02D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i find its the times when you are trying too hard to be careful when you drop it lol. The one and only time I dropped my baby it wasn't even me, I had it sitting on the table charging when my little puppy thought it would be funny to grab a hold of the chord and run, the BB went flying off the table. I pretty much dove after it like a goal keeper lol. It was a good thing I have soft carpeting leaving no scratches. But now there are scratches and marks from sliding it in and out of the holster excessively

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    It is not a question of if, but when.

It will happen. Just deal with it.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Both my Curve and my Pearl have scratches. I keep them in proper protection (OtterBox and skins), but it will eventually happen.

I just installed new skins from Best Skins Ever. Very good investment and will help keep the majority of the scratches off the device. Nothings 100% though.

Scratches add character!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

ocean_view07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    It's amazing all my 8130 has lived through. At a horse show it fell out of my pocket and was run over by a golf cart in stony/wet mud. The screen has a couple dark spots toward the bottom (and everything was caked with dirt), but after I took it apart and cleaned it, it has been absolutely fine. I drop it all the time, but I generally always have a skin on it. The skins work SO well. Prevent the back and battery from popping out, and have prevented a lot of scratches that would have occurred.

jroadside27 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well let's see. I had my brand new 8300 when I went out fishing one day. It was the best day and the worst wrapped in to one. The good was I caught the biggest stipped bass of my life 47in 38lbs. Worse part I called my friend so excited about what I just caught went to pull in my gear amd from what I remember I hung up the phone with him and I think I just tossed my phone over in such a panic to get the fish to the dock I didn't relize what I did. All my numbers gone!! Then one month later had my new 8300 went to the bathroom to do #1 and was talking on the phone I wemt to go holister it and plunk.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    When I first got my 8820 I was spinning it in my fingers as I was walking to my car and as I went to drop it into my pants pocket I missed the pocket and it hit the pavement face first but the only thing that happened was the rubber case it was in had a bunch of stones on it and there was a knick on the case but that was it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Amazing stories. I have nothing exciting to ad, but I'm learning what to watch out for...

via Archer's BlackBerry 8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Oh yea to add to my story, it felt like it was in slow motion but all I remember myself saying as it flung out of my hands was "oh ****!" Lol. Great stories though.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sharky147 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had an 8700c a while back that had the extended battery cover and it was in perfect condition, just kind of big and bulky. A definite upgrade from an 7250. But I dropped it so much that in a few months time it looked like a contruction worker owned it or a dog chewed on it all day. I mean ate up bad. I would try to pull it out of case or put it in and miss and loose grip strength while typing and that thing hit concrete, dirt, cement, you name it. Poor thing. It was the only phone in my entire history that got dropped at least once a week.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    I dropped my curve a couple times, but i have my armor on it to protect it. The last time it was dropped the armor fell apart and the battery and door fell off the back. It was ok though. The armor is junk now and i got new housing and a rubber skin. I havent dropped it yet since then, knock on wood.

A great accessory would be a wrist strap for our BB's like the wii controllers have!
    phatman the phat stacker!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Same here...a couple of drops and now I am finding I am being more cautious on where and when I am on my BB. (Dropped my Pearl in a toilet not too long ago. )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast