I went from Blackberry to Android. For now the Mytouch. And eventually the Nexus One. ... General Blackberry forum

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

I did the switch

Advertisement

I went from Blackberry to Android. For now the Mytouch. And eventually the Nexus One. It does take getting use too. There are some basics that I sure will miss of my bb. If only RIM can come out with a proper web browser and touch screen device, I might be back.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    once youve gotten used to a Berry, its hard to switch to another device and STAY switched. I see another Berry in your future, but good luck with the N1.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Talk to Azstar about her switch and she says the same thing. She loves her Droid, but would switch back if RIM would just fix a few key issues, namely the browser.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have had no trouble staying switched love my Droid! How long til you get the Nexus One?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I have had no trouble staying switched love my Droid! How long til you get the Nexus One?
    you're not cooperating
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

I think I might have had a harder time staying with Android if I had gotten a pre Android 2.0 device......but 2.0/2.1 have added some nice enhancements that I would not want to be without.......

Sorry chokem, but you know I'm not always the most cooperative person

I have hopes for BB in the future.....but do not see a new one for me any time in the near future....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I bought the nexus one as soon it was released for AT&T, and I couldn't be more happier. I was happy with my bold for a little while, but started to feel that the Blackberry experience wasnt worth the data plan anymore. Its 2010 and I'm paying for unlimited data, but still have to put up with horrible OS builds, truncated emails and Prolly the most hideous web browsing experience known to man.

The nexus 1 is a beast. Fast, beautiful UI, email works good, true 3G experience, no battery pulls, did I mention this thing is fast? Camera is awesome, YouTube works everytime. I finally feel I'm getting my money's worth.

Anyone wanting to give android a try I suggest you do it.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Im not due for upgrade for about 5 months. Got the Mytouch like new of the internet. I think one factor that also played a huge roll for making the switch, I got board. I got all my favorite apps and research all the ones out there. Now its starting from scratch. A whole bunch to go look for to get some of the basic features of a bb. Let the journey begin.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm looking to upgrade to something this year and if RIM doesn't wow me soon, it'll be to an Android device.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I can buy an app, test it and if it does not perform, then return it for a refund. I have bought a lot of apps for my bb in the past and it was a complete waist of money. Paid $150 for an excell file app few years ago and now its worth $20 on app world. The price aint the problem, but after about 3 years it still never properly worked,

I love the 24 hr return period for paid apps in the Android Market! ........$150 yikes!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Kimberlee no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a 9700 and just love it probably the best blackberry I have ever owned. The battery life is just awesome, I can go for 2 days without charging. The only thing that gets me mad sometimes is the web browsing. That's the only reason I may switch to a Android and possibly the Nesux One. I can't get a Storm 2 because Rogers in Canada does not support the 3g and I have to have 3g speed. Well if Rim has something on the horizon that's going to wow all of us blackberry die hards, I hope it's sooner than later.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Agreed Kimberlee, it needs to be soon. We're looking at somewhere around the end of the year before we see RIM's new webkit based browser. I love my BlackBerry. It's a great device, but I'm just tired of the same thing from RIM in a shiny new box. OS 5.0 is a major improvement over the 4.5's and 4.6's, but really the only major enhancement I have found is the speed. It's virtually the same OS, just faster. I went looking for a new theme for my 8900 the other day. I was even willing to pay for one, but after looking, I realized that there's nothing out there that's a drastic style change over what I have.

There is so much potential in the Android OS and it shows with all the custom roots out there. I wouldn't mind switching to Android, but if I'm going to spend the money on an upgrade, it's got to be a device that I'm going to love. The new HTC Evo for Sprint looks to be a sick device. I could really get my hands on that, but I'm sticking with T-Mo. After almost 9 years, I have no desire to switch carriers. Hopefully T-Mo will get a device with those hardware specs and at least Android 2.0.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS