The pearl is just too much of a disappointment. The camera leaves much to be ... General Blackberry forum

wordthenerd Guest

i cant do it

Advertisement

The pearl is just too much of a disappointment.

The camera leaves much to be desired. (mainly color tone options.)

The OS is way too unstable. If I see that hour glass one more time...

The lack of an auto-dim on/off option is a big issue for me.

And, well everyone knows the issues the pearl presents.

I'm buying a treo.

If anyone is interested-- I'm selling my pearl in pristine condition, unlocked for $200.00 cash, locally.

Peace out.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I see your pain, I would first check to see if there is an updated OS for your device. You'll be saying the same thing about your Treo locking up and you having to reboot it everyday. Our company uses many Treos and BBs, I have much fewer problems with our BB side.
    Hope you can get your issues worked out.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    OH NO!
    The 8100 is the first Smartphone i've got, so I wouldn't notice any small kinks, plus I'm too cheap to just buy another phone.
    Well, my condolences! Hahaha!

wordthenerd Guest
    Locally is Glen Allen, VA.

wordthenerd Guest
    I've read about people having problems with the treo. However, they can't be nearly as bad as with the pearl. There have been times where the pearl would display the rotating hour glass for like, 2 solid mins.

I can't live like this.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Ok, the choice is completely yours, but don't forget to check back with us from time to time. Good luck with whatever new device you pick up.

AngelJo008 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by wordthenerd
    I've read about people having problems with the treo. However, they can't be nearly as bad as with the pearl. There have been times where the pearl would display the rotating hour glass for like, 2 solid mins.

I can't live like this.

If you are talking about getting the treo 680--think again--the battery lasts less than 24 hours with no use and talk about reboots and hang ups---sheeesh--never again--the treo 650's call quality was horrible...and the other treo's are WM so forget that--you have to tweak it to death just to get it to function properly and talk about SLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWW.....good luck to you--why not try a BB8700 series..you'd like that much better I'd bet anf to add, perhaps you should change your OS on the pearl or get a different pearl handset, perhaps you just got a bum handset...I honestly wouldn't recommend the treo---I've been there and will never go back

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Check out the 8700C, but if a camera and the SD card expansion is important to you then the 8700 wouldn't be your choice.

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I am a former Treo 600 user, before that I was a Rim 850 & 950 user. After using the treo I went back to the Blackberry.....very happy! Treo always reset. The only thing I miss is Pocket Tunes with streaming audio.

Last Thanksgiving I was visiting my Cousin and decided to share a few mp3's via bluetooth. He had a Treo 700 and I had my Pearl. I began sending him the mp3 and what happened......his treo reset! He quietly walked away! Yes blackberry has had a few glitches.....but from the treo 600 to the ultra modern treo of today......still get'n xxxxx slapped from BB!

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Sorry to hear that your dissappointed in the Pearls performance. I think you will find issues with the Treo as well. Many of us who were former Treo users can attest to it's instability. I certainly hope that you find a unit that fits your needs. FYI the 8800 could be what your looking for if your willing to wait a bit longer.... Best of luck in your search for a phone/BB that fits your needs.
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by wordthenerd
    I've read about people having problems with the treo. However, they can't be nearly as bad as with the pearl.
    Sounds like you've never used a Treo...

Experience really is the best teacher (and why I don't use Treos any more) so give them a shot. Who knows, you might prefer them.