Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm hearing strong wind gusts but no rain yet here in Missouri ... General Blackberry forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm hearing strong wind gusts but no rain yet here in Missouri City. This may change over the next few hours. If I fall asleep, I'll update everyone when I get up in the morning.

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm not located in one of the listed evacuated zip codes, but we are still watching the storm.

Getting a rain shower now. Not too heavy but I'm sure I'll be woken up by it soon.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I-10 West near the beltway here getting some showers. Wind has picked up, some trees limbs down, and power is flickering on and off!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    thanks for the updates guys .. be safe

Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    I-10 West near the beltway here getting some showers. Wind has picked up, some trees limbs down, and power is flickering on and off!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Power is flickering also but we have kerosene lamps, flashlights with batteries, etc.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Watching Ike starting to hit Galveston now (on TV...). Best wishes to all, stay safe.

Including a friend on the coast near Houston -- she evacuated for last week's show but decided to hunker down and ride this one out.

fishbizkit no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249BE5D0
    In brazoria 3 hours ago explosions then power gone. Wind pretty strong. Now I believe I'm in the eye it's calm now

Got woken up by my home phone so I thought I'd update everyone.

Lost power about half an hour ago. Woke up to find my bed deflated (I have a hospital bed with an air mattress for medical purposes).

Winds have been howling since 12 AM. Downpour started about 1 AM.

Got the following text message alert from Channel 13 here in Houston:

"Hurricane Ike made landfall in Galveston at 2:10 AM."

I am safe but now just waiting for our power to be turned back on for my bed and other stuff I need.

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~pretty scary right now in houston, sw area by sugarland. Good gracious! The winds are very strong and the rain and my house is literally getting pounded, by the sounds of it! No electricity! I'm just chillin playing with my bb drinking wine haha.house is boarded up and my two 6 month old puppies are smart enough to not go outside and are all cuddled up with the daddy inside. Also, my mommy dog just had a new puppy! She had it last night and we're naming it ike!

Forgot to mention that I'm near Sugar Land so I'm feeling the effects of the wind, rain, etc slightly later, but still intensely, than everyone else who may be reporting.

chazz6422 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wazzup everyone!! I'm in the southwest side of Houston too!! I'm in the alief area(near sugarland) I'll echo what the others are saying, lots of rain, strong winds, house boarded up, just chillin with my fam ridin it out. The rain is startin to calm down along wit the winds though. I think its just the eye of the storm.

chazz6422 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just looked at the doppler radar at ABC13.com with my phone. I'm using opera mini as my browser if that helps anyone but I was able to see radar pictures which was very informative. Just letting my other Texan stackers without power know what's up!! ABC13.com. Then look for the doppler radar link near the middle slightly to the bottom
    Last edited by chazz6422; 09-13-2008 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Teehee sorry for the double post

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????
    I live in the Aldine sectiin of Houston we lost power & water about 11:00 p.m. Last night. Its a lot of rain & wind we have no damage to my property yet. Houston(area) stackers if don't have to go out PLEASE don't. Stay safe. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Still have power, and minimal structure damage here at my townhome. Went outside to check the damage, lots of roof shingles, down trees, and lots of debris!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the updates you guys. Keep safe. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast