Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Well I live in Houston and we're already starting mandatory evacuations at noon. The tollroads ... General Blackberry forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Hurrican Ike - Houston

Advertisement

Well I live in Houston and we're already starting mandatory evacuations at noon. The tollroads waived all tolls starting last night, and most people that work downtown haven't gone to work. I'm thinking we may get to go home by noon so we can prepare and get supplies. They're saying we're getting the "Dirty" side of the Hurricane, which is outstanding (sarcasm), and the rain bands will start at 8pm tomorrow. It's gonna hit just south of Galveston and they're evacutating now.

Anyways, not sure how the electricity and whatever else may get affected so Y'all be good, have a good weekend, stay safe, hold your BB close!!! hahaha it'll be by my side for sure over the next few days.

Holla!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Take care of yourself, Mud!

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    My prayers go out to all my Texas BB Friends please keep in touch if you can.
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    oh yeah, for sure!

i know there's more Houston-area stackers, curious what they're plans are? i don't plan on evacuating, i'm holding tight. we'll see what Ike does.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Good luck, stay safe and hope that it all turns out ok for ya.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Puts a damper on the 'Stros/Cubs series too, eh?

kylebryant no está en línea Stack level 2
    You best believe that if I was down there I wouldn't leave I'd stay and take video

bigmarv no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Optional
    I send my prayers out to the state itself and many Pinstack members and there family who resides in Houston and the surrounding area that will be effective by this. I will continue lift you all up my prayers and ask that you all do the same for yourselves. Use wisdom and travel safely. Remember keep in touch with your stack family to let us know you and your family is in good hands. Also if they are providing a time for all of you to evacuate. Let us all put our pride, stubborness and defiant ways to the side and move forward to safety.

mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Keep your loved ones safe and protect your berry! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Not evacuating unless its mandatory but have supplies stocked up to ride out the storm.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Having gone through a hurricane (Hugo, Category 4, in Charleston, SC) - I would HIGHLY recommend evacuation if there is any chance it's going to hit your area. I can't tell you the number of people (some of whom did not survive) who wished they had left once it was too late - myself included. It was not a fun experience! You can replace the 'stuff', but not your family and pets!! A little inconvenience is worth it to be safe.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents... Best of luck!! Keep us updated.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    My step-sister is heading up our way this afternoon (I am in Fort Worth). She is going to stay the weekend here and wait it out till monday. Her job tried to find rooms in Austin for all their employees but the game has the city full despite the games being postponed.

Zo

curveyBBmom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20A245FC
    I'm riding out the storm. Went to grocery store this morning and got gas, just in case. Be safe everyone...

curveyBBmom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20A245FC
    Hey I went through Hugo back in '89. I was 14 but I slept through the entire thing. This is a bit different now since I have kids and a house, etc to worry about...

Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    Having gone through a hurricane (Hugo, Category 4, in Charleston, SC) - I would HIGHLY recommend evacuation if there is any chance it's going to hit your area. I can't tell you the number of people (some of whom did not survive) who wished they had left once it was too late - myself included. It was not a fun experience! You can replace the 'stuff', but not your family and pets!! A little inconvenience is worth it to be safe.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents... Best of luck!! Keep us updated.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Get a power supply or battery charger for your BB's. Sold @ Wall-World(Walmart), Walgreens, etc. This will keep you up on your device when all other lights go out. Our prayers are w/you all.

Oh, forgot...just in case; remember if you have a BB w/video cam you can set light to "on" if you really need a light. Just keep in mind it will drain your battery faster. This is only for emergencies that are short term. That's why I suggest a battery charger for your device.
    Last edited by Jbee; 09-11-2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: add

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast