Results 1 to 6 of 6

I have started receiving email messages as gobbledy-gook, e.g. "DOCTYPE html PUBLIC"??W3C??DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional??EN................. ... General Blackberry forum

  1. #1
    Pflugerbill's Avatar
    Pflugerbill no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    17

    HTML Emails

    Advertisement



    I have started receiving email messages as gobbledy-gook, e.g. "DOCTYPE html PUBLIC"??W3C??DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional??EN.................

    I have to go to Get Plain Text to get them to appear readable. I have pulled the battery, resent the service books, etc. but no luck.

    Anyone else seeing this? Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

  2. #2
    lilpbit's Avatar
    lilpbit no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    38
    *bump*
    i have no idea...

  3. #3
    moderncowboy's Avatar
    moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    7,297
    Why the *bump* I am sure if someone had an answer they would have posted it!

  4. #4
    Pflugerbill's Avatar
    Pflugerbill no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    17
    Apparently several have experienced this beginning on 10/25. There was some kind of service update and shortly thereafter emails on a few units started showing up with the html code.

  5. #5
    ipdb644's Avatar
    ipdb644 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    24354776
    Posts
    3
    i am having the same problem with the new update. I was on the phone with RIM for 42 mins. They still couldnt figure it out.

  6. #6
    Pflugerbill's Avatar
    Pflugerbill no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    17
    I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with T-Mobile CS and RIM today. RIM finally put me through to an escalation team. Throughout the interminable time delays I re-installed my OS, wiped my Curve, pulled the battery, resent the Service books, cleared the messaged folder, etc., etc., etc. Finally the escalation team "did something on their end" and I am not receiving html messages normally.

    The RIM techie said they had received several complaints about this issue and they initially thought it was a bug in their OS. In fact, they told me whatever they did on their end would not fix my problem, but lo and behold, it did.

    I suggest, if yours is not currently working, that you call RIM and ask for the escalation team. They seemed to imply their fix would satisfy ALL complaints so you may not be receiving html as normal.

    If you'd like send me a PM and I will give you my case number so you can use it with the RIM techie to see what steps they went through to resolve my problem.

    Good luck!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •