I have an old 7290 (no idea what carriers) and cingular 6210 that i would ... General Blackberry forum

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5

how to wipe BB and install diff OS or programs?

Advertisement

I have an old 7290 (no idea what carriers) and cingular 6210 that i would like to see whether if it is possible to completely wipe the BB of the java and BB OS and install different OS or programs to these BB? I'm curious because if this is possible then I could try to use my old BB as an html (or txt) editor and be able to transfer html files between the BB and PC. at the very least I wouldn't mind if I could use the 6210 as a toy to mess around with some basic programming if possible?

anyway, is it possible to put a diff OS or replace entire OS with a program on a 6210 or 7290?

NOTES: these 2 BB don't have a SIM card and I don't plan to use it for much else anyway so these BB are somewhat "expendable" lol since I already have my 8100

P.S. I found the 6210 for $2 at a thrift store and a friend thought that his 7290 broke and gave it to me cause I like to mess around with electronics broken or not (the 7290 turned out to be in perfect working condition once I did a hard reset, wiped the BB, and then upgraded to the latest OS)

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    for wipe... : http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ader_wipe.html

as for different OS.... no idea but if you find out what kind it run with BB software then there may be a spin of it somewhere.... there is some kind of Linux Distro call TinyBSD or something like that... start there maybe?

good luck

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5
    cool, thanks fr the info on the wipe though i'll wait till i find something that could be put onto the BB