I have a question for you all? How useful is a BB with no internet? ... General Blackberry forum

Tosin no está en línea Stack level 1

How useful is a BB with no internet?

Advertisement

I have a question for you all? How useful is a BB with no internet? My sister wants to buy one but she doesnt want the internet. Will it she be useful for her?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: How useful is a BB with no internet?

Well, for starters, most BB devices are decent phones and a decent PDA. It's really the email and Internet access that make them the great communications tools that they are. If it's just the cool factor, and she's not a PDA fanatic, it should work but she may be disappointed.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

No, I don't personally believe it's very useful without the internet. Although, like Rcbjr said, it is a fantastic phone, and pda...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

If you are on Sprint-Nextel you must have the internet because they wont allow you to have a BlackBerry without a data plan. (FYI)

I used to have the BlackBerry without the internet and it was absolutly pointless, in my opinion.

Almost all phones these days have calenders, calculators and other usefull organizational applications. So, if you do not want internet then instead of having such a large device just get a small flip phone. Otherwise add the data plam and use the BlackBerry to its fullest extent.

Again, the preceding is just my opinion.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I agree too, without data, a BlackBerry is just another (rather large) phone.

And if all you want is a phone, get a moto or nokia.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I agree too, without data, a BlackBerry is just another (rather large) phone.

And if all you want is a phone, get a moto or nokia.
    in total agreement with that!

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

That's also a big investment to not utilize the device to it's fullest potential.

justelise no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203C9815

Some people like the idea of having a qwerty keyboard regardless of whether or not they will really take advantage of email and the internet. It makes it much easier to add contacts and items to your PIM when you're away from your computer.

I've had a really good experience with the BB as a phone. It's actually a better phone than some of the entry to mid level non-pda phones from Motorola and LG.

If she really doesn't want to take advantage of the internet, I would get one of the cheaper blackberry phones rather than the full qwerty models. They're slower and don't have a full keyboard, but they will certainly allow her to send SMS messages more efficiently at the very least.
    justelise
    http://itsreallyjustme.net
    Drop by my blog and say hi!
    If you need Gmail, lemme know!

theforumguy no está en línea Stack level 2

I recently made a mistake in buying one in ebay without checking my country hasn't activated blackberry services yet ( can't wait to get back to the states ) I'd say its the best SMS centered phone I have ever used. Other that sending SMS or txt messages its has the longest stanby time to date, I would say my 7230 is a nokia 1100 on steroids.
    BlackberryFreeware.com - A huge directory of free Blackberry software.

Top Directories:
    Free Blackberry Games
    Free Blackberry Remote Access

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Whats the old saying, "Like havin boobs on a boar?" =) I think she'd probaby like something else, unless she's really into email
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

jpodraza no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202B98F9

I started about 8 months ago with a 6210 as I wanted a phone, and a PDA, but was too frugal to shell out for email. about a month ago I turned on the email/internet and felt the only way to get my return on the 45 a month was to buy the 7100 and utulized the web.
    BlackBerry 7100g
    New Pin -->> 202B98F9

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i started with just the bb with no phone or data and I still liked it better than my pda cause of the keyboard. Then I got an unlimited data plan and oh my I love it. Now I'm considering the phone although my company provides me with a phone. I don't think she'll be satisfied for long

spagatti no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20406CA3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my cousin is visiting me in ny at the moment, she's a bit of a tech geek like me and fell in love with my tmo 8700g. she's looking to get a rogers 8700r when she gets back to canada, but just for the phone and sms. i tried to enlighten her as to the benefits of having the bb data on it as well, but she said she really just likes to text message. now after seeing how much she does text in the 5 days she's been here, and finding out her average number of texts per month hovers around 5000, I think the blackberry could be perfect for her needs. i don't text that much and love being online, but to each their own.

CelebrityBB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF7E45

I'm 15 and I have about 15 friends with a blackberry with internet/email and about 5 whom just have it for Text'ing..... The 5 people w.o the email/internet still love it!
    S. Silverman

FEEL FREE TO PIN ME:
    23DF7E45