MODS: If in wrong place could you please correct. Thank you. I've been noticing a ... General Blackberry forum

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K

Post HOW TO: When upgrading OS keep your updated DocumentsToGo

Advertisement

MODS: If in wrong place could you please correct. Thank you.

I've been noticing a lot of post past and previous and varios forums about losing the updated SheetsToGo. Well I'm pleased to say I found a way to work around this and keep all files and not have to upgrade DocumentsToGo anymore.

1. Do a complete backup of your BB.
    2. Go here and follow the steps to backup your 3rd party apps. I suggest only third party apps since that is all we need at this point.
    3. Go to the folder you just created from previous step and seperate all DocumentsToGo files into a new folder (ex. DTG).
    4. Go to the folder you just put those files in and rename all files by adding just .cod on the end.
    5. Once that is completed copy (do not move) the files into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\<NAME OF OS UPGRADE>\Java. Overwrite all current files when asked.
    6. Now go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\<NAME OF OS UPGRADE>\ and locate the DocumentsToGo.alx file and open in Notepad. Change the file so it looks like this:

<loader version="1.0">
    <application id="com.dataviz.dxtg">
    <name>Documents To Go</name>
    <description>View and edit native Microsoft Office files and attachments</description>
    <version>1.006.051</version>
    <vendor>DataViz, Inc.</vendor>
    <copyright>Copyright (c) 2008 DataViz, Inc.</copyright>
    <fileset Java="1.33">
    <directory>Java</directory>
    <files>
    SheetToGo.cod
    SheetToGoResource.cod
    SheetToGoResource__en.cod
    WordToGo.cod
    WordToGoResource.cod
    WordToGoResource__en.cod
    SlideshowToGo.cod
    SlideshowToGoResource.cod
    SlideshowToGoResource__en.cod
    DocsToGoCommon.cod
    DocsToGoCommonResource.cod
    DocsToGoCommonResource__en.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>
    </application>
    </loader>

If you use other languages other than English include all language files in the file section (ex. SheetToGoResource__es.cod) at this point you can also remove all unnessacary language files as well and once done save the file. Also make a copy of the .alx in the folder you created in step 3.

You are saving these files in a seperate folder so if you do another upgrade you just have to copy these over into the new upgrade folders and will have for them as well.
    7. Nest is to test if worked correctly. Open DM and look for the DocumentsToGo section and under there it should read
    Name: Documents To Go
    Action: None
    Version: 1.006.051
    Size: 2MB (depends on how many files you are adding)
    If it looks like this then you are good to go and after OS Upgrade you can go in and just verify all is still working.

Hope this works for all not wanting to complete the OTA upgrade everytime you update your OS.

Any comments and questions PM me and I'll try to walk you through.

Thanks to pdxmatt for the walkthrough from Step 2.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    There is an easier way, just rename the docs to go.alx extension. Change the ".alx" to something different. ex: docs to go.old or anything but .alx
    Man In Black(berry)

PIN/ID
    @5K
    You could but if you don't add the sheetstogo references to it you still would lose sheets to go. I should of been more clear. The procedure I'm showing for is if you wipe your phone first.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by jrhorner71; 03-10-2009 at 06:03 PM.

vihark no está en línea Stack level 1

Dr

I recently bought the blackberry bold.. the fone didnt come with preinstalled office to go blackberry messenger... the reson i bought the fone was to acces internet and the ofice to go

how shall i get these softwares??
    kindly assist

PIN/ID
    @5K
    Quote Originally Posted by vihark View Post
    I recently bought the blackberry bold.. the fone didnt come with preinstalled office to go blackberry messenger... the reson i bought the fone was to acces internet and the ofice to go

how shall i get these softwares??
    kindly assist
    try going to http://www.dataviz.com and see if can ota if not let us know.