How do you turn off Auto-Refresh on the BB Browser? Sometimes I go to www.drudgereport.com ... General Blackberry forum

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

How to Turn OFF Auto-Refresh on BB Browser?

Advertisement

How do you turn off Auto-Refresh on the BB Browser? Sometimes I go to www.drudgereport.com, and I'm scrolling down (it's a looooong page on the BB), and by the time I get to the bottom, it refreshes. One time I accidentally left my browers on that page, and by the morning, my batteries were drained. So how do you turn off auto-refresh?

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: How to Turn OFF Auto-Refresh on BB Browser?

I dont think the BB has an autorefresh option.. ITs more likely built into the page your viewing with web coding.

PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofolepo View Post
    How do you turn off Auto-Refresh on the BB Browser? Sometimes I go to www.drudgereport.com, and I'm scrolling down (it's a looooong page on the BB), and by the time I get to the bottom, it refreshes. One time I accidentally left my browers on that page, and by the morning, my batteries were drained. So how do you turn off auto-refresh?
    Yeah i just checked the web page and it has the autorefresh tag coded in:

var timer = setInterval("autoRefresh()", 1000 * 60 * 3);

DOh! Is there no way to not allow the site to do this? I hate to accidentally drain my batteries over night... or even through the day.

PIN/ID
    ask me!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Unfortunately its not possible unless the web master takes out that code from the website itself. Your not going to be able to control it.

Thank you! But more like "Thank you "

PIN/ID
    ask me!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm sorry that I could not fix your problem. You could always email the webmaster to see if they don't really need an auto refresh script in there page maybe they can remove it. I do know that some site have info on there page that gets updated constantly so their would be a need for the script. Never hurts to try to ask.

Hehe, I doubt they'll change it just for me. Millions of people go to that site everyday.. it's a news outlet that consolidates all the day's headlines and puts it in one spot so that's why it gets refreshed so often. I really appreciate the help though.

jlhns no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem with IE7. I downloaded the free IE based Avant browser. Now when I go to Drudge or some similar auto refresh site, I just click on Tools>Disable Scripts, load Drudge and voila! no more auto refresh. I realize this may not help with BB, but Avant is a very good enhanced feature loaded browser you might want to try.