I have a customer who wants to sync her outlook calendar and lotus notes calendar ... General Blackberry forum

BBpush099 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046327c

Question How to sync two calendars?

Advertisement

I have a customer who wants to sync her outlook calendar and lotus notes calendar to her Blackberry. Outlook(home) Lotus(business)duh! But only wants the two calendar entries on the BlackBerry and doesn't want the outlook entries to show up in lotus notes vice versa. Is this possible? Any thoughts would be great....
    I'm true to the game called Blackberry!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: How to sync two calendars?

Assuming BES on Lotus, I doubt it can be done. The only way it MIGHT be possible would be to find an intermediate calendar to sync both Outlook and Lotus to, thereby syncing all THREE calendars with ALL appointments.

I used to do this a LONG time ago with Yahoo, my home Outlook, and my Work Outlook - but I ended up with the same info in FOUR calendars - Home Outlook, Work Outlook, Yahoo, and my BlackBerry. It was a PITA!

Just use Lotus and the BlackBerry - I don't think you're going to find much that will sync with Lotus!
    JerryD

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3

Google Mobile Updater includes a Sync app that will sync the BB calendar with your Google Calendar. If you use that as the intermediate "holding" calendar, then you can do as suggested above.

PIN/ID
    2046327c

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    Assuming BES on Lotus, I doubt it can be done. The only way it MIGHT be possible would be to find an intermediate calendar to sync both Outlook and Lotus to, thereby syncing all THREE calendars with ALL appointments.

I used to do this a LONG time ago with Yahoo, my home Outlook, and my Work Outlook - but I ended up with the same info in FOUR calendars - Home Outlook, Work Outlook, Yahoo, and my BlackBerry. It was a PITA!

Just use Lotus and the BlackBerry - I don't think you're going to find much that will sync with Lotus!
    I do not think she will be able to only sync the entries to her BalckBerry without them syncing back to both her outlook and lotus notes calendar. Like you said All of the calendars updated with All the appointments. I wonder if there is a third party app that would let users select what appointments sync with certain calendars.
    I'm true to the game called Blackberry!

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

Why couldn't she have DM installed on her home computer and work computer, having the one at home setup to sync the calendar to Outlook and the one at work to sync the calendar to Lotus. Then just have the sync options set to one way sync from PC to device. Although that would be using BIS not sure if it is a BES setup.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    When you're on a BES (Lotus almost MUST be) you're locked to the Lotus calendar - especially w/wireless sync.
    The only option is to break the sync to Lotus calendar w/BlackBerry, sync Lotus calendar w/third calendar like Google, sync personal cal in Outlook w/Google to, then sync BlackBerry to Google.
    HOWEVER, not only do you loose the ability to reply to Meeting Requests, but the BlackBerry Calendar is sensative to anomalies which can cause other sync issues!

Take my word for it - I support well over 1,500 BlackBerry users - keep just one calendar and leave it on Lotus. People are not spying on your calendar!

PIN/ID
    2046327c

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't think she is worried about IT sying on her calendar it's more of the fact she doesn't want to see all of the entries from her outlook calendar on her lotus calendar on her PC just on her Blackberry.