Hello, So i've set up gmail email address on my blackberry 8700r (OS 4.2). I've ... General Blackberry forum

fishlips20 no está en línea Stack level 2

How to keep Gmail out of main inbox?

Advertisement

Hello,
    So i've set up gmail email address on my blackberry 8700r (OS 4.2). I've also got my work email address on the device.

The gmail email has a separate icon for its specific email, but all gmail spills into the main inbox. How do I display on my work email in the main inbox, and keep the gmail out of there?
    Up and Atom!!!

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: How to split up Gmail and BES in 2 inboxes?

try installing gmail app from here http://www.google.com/m/products

this will seperate the work emails from your gmail emails.

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How to split up Gmail and BES in 2 inboxes?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm not 100% sure on this answer, but perhaps it will help:

It's possible that the gmail is actually doing what you want in that it has one icon in which gmail appears, but what you're using to see your BES mail is actually the icon for all messages (sms, gmail, bes, pin, bb messenger, etc). The trick is to find the bes specific mail icon. Perhaps it's hidden...not sure since it's been a while since I had a 8700.

The gmail app has its advantages (eg searching old mail) but it's also slower and somewhat inconsistent in notifying you when you have a new email...depending on how you close the program and what view you leave it in when quitting (inbox, sent, trash, etc).

That said though, I wonder if bes servers can log even the private non work email through BIS. I know a lot of people who use the gmail app, believing that it avoids a record kept by BES.