Hi, fellow pinstackers! I'm a 7130e newbie here with Sprint PCS, and I am having ... General Blackberry forum

Nemesis no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How to Remove Faceplate from 7130e...

Advertisement

Hi, fellow pinstackers! I'm a 7130e newbie here with Sprint PCS, and I am having trouble removing the clear faceplate (purchased through ebay) from my Blackberry. Don't get me wrong; I love the looks of this case. However, I do want to be able to clean the lint underneath it from time to time. The faceplate has two snap-on pieces with the front end's tabs "clicking" smoothly in place with the bottom portion. It is easy to put it on the device, but it is too tight to remove it without sabotaging the functional and aesthetic aspects of the same. So how can I remove the faceplate without risking damage on my beloved smartphone, or is it better to just keep the case on and place it in a zip-lock bag to keep the lint off?

By the way, I performed numerous searches and even contacted two forum members here (plus attractivetech--ebay seller). No help... so I'm trying one more time by posting this thread. Thanks for your assistance in advance!

Need no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How to Remove Faceplate from 7130e...

Heh, good luck. I think I bought the exact same faceplate you got from ebay. It is impossible to remove without damaging the case. I have to wedge a small screw driver inbetween to open the 2 plates. The plastic on the case is very easily damage too. I ended up just throw away the case.

If you are really determine to take them off, I suggest you go from the top or mabye bottom. I remember once you open up the top, the rest would kind of slide out. My mistake was to try to open it up from the side.