I want to wirelessly purge my deleted emails on my desktop because I have hit ... General Blackberry forum

trehajt no está en línea Stack level 1

How to purge deleted items in Outlook

Advertisement

I want to wirelessly purge my deleted emails on my desktop because I have hit mailbox max allowable size from our administrators. I have seen posts that say "Go to your messages folder, click your trackwheel, got to options, email reconciliation, then click your trackwheel again and choose to purge deleted items...." When I get to email reconciliation, there is no option to "purge deleted items". Is this a capability that must first be turned on somewhere else like on my desktop software? Have BB7290 and we are using BES 4.0 or 4.something. Thanks.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: How to purge deleted items in Outlook

trehajt, Welcome to PinStack. Do you have Delete on both Handheld and Mailbox set in your Email Reconciliation Options?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You will need to add your 'Deleted Items' folder in Outlook to be included in the wireless sync with your BlackBerry.

Open Desktop Manager (your BB doesn't need to be connected), then open Redirector.

Select the Advanced tab.

There is a section titled Folder Redirection, in which there are two radio buttons offering the choices 'Inbox and Sent Items only' or 'Selected Folders'.

Choose Selected Folders.

Then click on the 'Choose Folders' button to the right.

A pop-up window will display the available folders in your Outlook profile.

Only the folders with checks beside them will give your BB authority or permission to delete messages wirelessly.

However, none of this may work for you if the BES has not provisioned you with the options or permissions to make any of these changes.

And, in my case, I don't have the option to add my deleted items folder.

With a BlackBerry on BES and Exchange / Outlook, when you "reconcile now", you are only reconciling the folders chosen in Redirector (or the folders your BES admin permits you to see).

When you delete a message from your BB, it is the same as deleting it in Outlook: it goes to the deleted items folder. And once there, it can only be emptied manually, or when Outlook is closed.

(And after I've typed all this, I don't think I've been much help to get you the solution you're after.)

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The only way I can imagine for you to delete your deleted items to not hit your mailbox size limit is to delete the items in Outlook. But if you're not frequently in the office, this can be a problem.

Best solution would be to assign a delegate to your Deleted Items folder, and have that person empty it daily (or more frequently). A co-worker? An assistant?

It's not the desired outcome, but it's something.

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by trehajt
    "Go to your messages folder, click your trackwheel, got to options, email reconciliation, then click your trackwheel again and choose to purge deleted items...."
    Those directions are correct. No, nothing has to be enabled to do this. The key portion of the direction has been highlighted. Should look something like this...
    Attached Images Attached Images

knoppe01 no está en línea Stack level 1

d fisher is correct - worked like a charm - key is the click again AFTER the email reconciliation has been selected.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I'll third d_fisher. I've been able to purge for ages without having to enable anything.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b