Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
Yes. This loops us back to the original question, where you stated that CDMA doesn't seem to support this function. Apparently it does not, even though there is software on the BB that would allow it to.
Delivery Reports (as they are correctly called) are only available to GSM handsets/services and are a network-dependant feature...

It's a "standard" feature on all GSM handsets and it can always be enabled, but if your network doesn't support the feature, it simply won't work.

Just be careful, because some service providers charge you extra for using Delivery Reports (in Australia, Telstra, Optus and Vodafone all charge you a fee for using this)...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
On GSM devices, the Service Center is a phone number that the device sends to/receives from, and it is stored on the SIM. I think your next step is to contact Sprint and see what they say.
Yeah, when you send a text message from a GSM device, it is sent to your service provider's SMSC (Short Message Service Center - their computers), and then forwarded to the recipitent...

Text messaging will not work on GSM services without this, and the number (available from your service provider, and sometimes on their Internet site) needs to be entered in international format (eg. "+16019334303").

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure CDMA services don't require SMSC settings...