Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by Mark Stone Yes. This loops us back to the original question, where ... General Blackberry forum

kladner no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30288E5A

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    Yes. This loops us back to the original question, where you stated that CDMA doesn't seem to support this function. Apparently it does not, even though there is software on the BB that would allow it to. On GSM devices, the Service Center is a phone number that the device sends to/receives from, and it is stored on the SIM. I think your next step is to contact Sprint and see what they say.
    I am on CDMA and my phone supports it. My service center number is my own phone number.
    I do agree though, I would give them a call.

Mofolepo no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How to get a "read receipt" for SMS messages?

I have Sprint 8830 as well. When you send a text message and it goes through, it will appear as a simple check mark next to the message. If it does not go through, you will see a red X. I hope that helps.

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mofolepo
    I have Sprint 8830 as well. When you send a text message and it goes through, it will appear as a simple check mark next to the message. If it does not go through, you will see a red X. I hope that helps.
    Ok so you do not get the "D" either? That makes me feel better! Do you also have a blank "service center" field in your options?

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

I'm not sure if CDMA require a service center number or not. But last time when I accidentally deleted my service center number, I'm able to get it from my carrier, they're just a phone call away. Try calling them and let us know wats the conclusion.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    Are you sure that "d" isn't refering to bb messenger? What carriers do those with the "d" have?

Positive. I get it on SMS, as well as BB Messenger. I'm with Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by d8nnii
    I'm not sure if CDMA require a service center number or not. But last time when I accidentally deleted my service center number, I'm able to get it from my carrier, they're just a phone call away. Try calling them and let us know wats the conclusion.
    As all of us (I am sure!) are painfully aware, nothing is a simple phone call away when it comes to mobile carriers. By the time I have actually reached the third tier of support (the people who actually know ANYTHING), I have given my name and account number 20 times and been on hold for an hour. If someone has a direct number for the BB or data device (high level) CSR's at Sprint I would gladly appreciate a reply or an IM.

Quote Originally Posted by d8nnii
    I spoke with the Sprint "tech support" yesterday and they claimed that they knew nothing about this issue and couldnt send me to the higher level support without an open ticket. Given that it took me close to 45 mins just to get to that point, I didnt have the energy to argue. I will try again sometime this week if I can muster up the strength.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

I am with AT&T and I cannot see anywhere you can have read receipts for SMS but I do see it for MMS as Sasha stated above.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler
    I am with AT&T and I cannot see anywhere you can have read receipts for SMS. . .
    Options, SMS, Delivery Reports set to On.

Can anyone with Sprint confirm they are receiving the read receipt? If so, what settings are you using!

missxlisaa no está en línea Stack level 1
    i usually get the "d" when i send texts, but i just sent a text and it didn't appear, so is it still received?

The D just means that it was delivered to the recipient, it doesn't mean they have read it.

aziz15 no está en línea Stack level 1

What's does the D mean

It means it was delivered to the recipients phone.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by wifi4milez View Post
    I spoke with the Sprint "tech support" yesterday and they claimed that they knew nothing about this issue and couldnt send me to the higher level support without an open ticket. Given that it took me close to 45 mins just to get to that point, I didnt have the energy to argue. I will try again sometime this week if I can muster up the strength.
    Gotta love that Sprint customer service. That's why they suck so bad in that regard!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast