Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

On all my GSM pocket PC phones I could set it so I got a ... General Blackberry forum

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

How to get a "read receipt" for SMS messages?

On all my GSM pocket PC phones I could set it so I got a "read receipt" of sorts when someone read an SMS I sent them. Unfortunately, CDMA phones dont seem to have this ability. Does the BB in anyway support this function, and if so, HOW? Please keep in mind I have a Sprint 8830, and not a GSM device.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: How to get a "read receipt" for SMS messages?

I'm on Verizon, but when I send a TXT, when the other person receives it, the checkmark will have a little D with it. That's how I know they received it.

Mark Stone no está en línea Stack Professional
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wifi4milez
    On all my GSM pocket PC phones I could set it so I got a "read receipt" of sorts when someone read an SMS I sent them. Unfortunately, CDMA phones dont seem to have this ability. Does the BB in anyway support this function, and if so, HOW? Please keep in mind I have a Sprint 8830, and not a GSM device.
    I'm not clear whether a CDMA and a GSM BlackBerry would be different in this regard, but I hope not! Go to "Options", scroll down to and choose "SMS", then find "Delivery Reports" on the menu and set it to "On". After that, the little "D" will appear when a message is received. That oughta did it!
    Sammy Galaxy S3, Android 4.3
    Giggle Nexus 7 Tab, Android 4.4 KitKat
    Asus X55A Notebook w/Win8.1
    Come visit the old man! http://markstone.org

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    I'm not clear whether a CDMA and a GSM BlackBerry would be different in this regard, but I hope not! Go to "Options", scroll down to and choose "SMS", then find "Delivery Reports" on the menu and set it to "On". After that, the little "D" will appear when a message is received. That oughta did it!
    Unfortunately, I already have that setting enabled and still no SMS reports. Are there any other settings that I need to enable for this to work? For what its worth, I have no icons (check, D, etc.) by any of my inbound or outbound SMS messages.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Are you sure that "d" isn't refering to bb messenger? What carriers do those with the "d" have?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    Are you sure that "d" isn't refering to bb messenger? What carriers do those with the "d" have?

Exactly, I get the "d" only when using BB Messenger. I have Sprint.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

I just checked. I'm on ATT and my mms messages have the "read reciept" optiong, but that's ti, not the SMS

kladner no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30288E5A

I have a local CDMA carrier and I get the "d". I am with cellular south.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado

I'm phone only -- no data plan, T=Mobile, and I don't email or use bb messenger, only SMS, and I get the little D

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I already have that setting enabled and still no SMS reports. Are there any other settings that I need to enable for this to work? For what its worth, I have no icons (check, D, etc.) by any of my inbound or outbound SMS messages.
    So you don't have any icons? No checkmark when an SMS is sent, no envelope when an SMS is received? To belabor the obvious, you're looking in the Messages area and not at the home screen, right? If you don't have any of these icons available, you may be able to fix it with a cold boot. Pull the battery, count to 20 or so, replace battery and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it, then is it your theme? Different themes have different styles of icon for sent, received, and receipt, so if you've switched themes recently that might be the culprit. Beyond those possibilities, I plead the 5th!
    Last edited by Mark Stone; 09-19-2007 at 11:28 AM.

So you don't have [i]any[/i[ icons? No checkmark when an SMS is sent, no envelope when an SMS is received? To belabor the obvious, you're looking in the Messages area and not at the home screen, right? If you don't have any of these icons available, you may be able to fix it with a cold boot. Pull the battery, count to 20 or so, replace battery and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it, then is it your theme? Different themes have different styles of icon for sent, received, and receipt, so if you've switched themes recently that might be the culprit. Beyond those possibilities, I plead the 5th!
    When looking in my SMS inbox, I have two icons visible. The first is an opened envelope for messages I have viewed, and the other is a check mark for messages that have successfully been transmitted. When I first send a message, it shows a circular kind of icon while it is in the sending process. Once the message goes through this disappears and the check is shown. If the message does not go through I get a red X icon next to it. Unread messages show a closed (unopened) envelope. As for my theme, I am using the standard theme the Sprint 8830 comes with, and I beleive it is called Zen.

Blog Entries

When looking in my SMS inbox, I have two icons visible. The first is an opened envelope for messages I have viewed, and the other is a check mark for messages that have successfully been transmitted. When I first send a message, it shows a circular kind of icon while it is in the sending process. Once the message goes through this disappears and the check is shown. If the message does not go through I get a red X icon next to it. Unread messages show a closed (unopened) envelope. As for my theme, I am using the standard theme the Sprint 8830 comes with, and I beleive it is called Zen.
    Then I'm going to have to plead the fifth. With "Delivery Reports" on in the Options:SMS menu, you should be getting a little "D" along with the checkmark when the message is received. However, try the battery pull -- occasionally, on a couple of my previous BBs, the display develops some kind of funny glitch. Like the lightning bolt remaining on when the unit is not charging, things like that, and the cold reboot solves it. But, other than that, I'm out of ideas --

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

You wouldn't receive any reports though. It's an indicator, just a small "D" directly above the check mark of your sent messages.

Then I'm going to have to plead the fifth. With "Delivery Reports" on in the Options:SMS menu, you should be getting a little "D" along with the checkmark when the message is received. However, try the battery pull -- occasionally, on a couple of my previous BBs, the display develops some kind of funny glitch. Like the lightning bolt remaining on when the unit is not charging, things like that, and the cold reboot solves it. But, other than that, I'm out of ideas --
    Ok, this gets even stranger....So I went to Options, SMS Text, and Delivery Reports says "on". I figured that if I set it to "off", saved it, and then came back in and changed it then it might work. So when I change it to "off" and attempt to save I get the error message "invalid service center specified". The funny thing is that right now the Service Center field is blank. Am I supposed to have something there? Could that be the issue??

Blog Entries

Ok, this gets even stranger....So I went to Options, SMS Text, and Delivery Reports says "on". I figured that if I set it to "off", saved it, and then came back in and changed it then it might work. So when I change it to "off" and attempt to save I get the error message "invalid service center specified". The funny thing is that right now the Service Center field is blank. Am I supposed to have something there? Could that be the issue??
    Yes. This loops us back to the original question, where you stated that CDMA doesn't seem to support this function. Apparently it does not, even though there is software on the BB that would allow it to. On GSM devices, the Service Center is a phone number that the device sends to/receives from, and it is stored on the SIM. I think your next step is to contact Sprint and see what they say.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast