Hello, I'm setting up a blackberry for someone, and here's what we want to do: ... General Blackberry forum

AndrewR no está en línea Stack level 1

How to Delete only phonebook

Advertisement

Hello,

I'm setting up a blackberry for someone, and here's what we want to do:

He has painstakingly setup his contacts in Outlook, and deleted old records, incorrect ones, etc... and we setup BB Desktop manager (4.1.1) to sync with Outlook. Now.. the problem is.. the BB has a bunch of old Data. Once we sync.. Outlook ends up with a whole whack of incorrect Contacts etc, and some duplicates, because the BB adds them to the list.

Here's what I want to do:

Delete all of the phonebook only. Then, the next time we sync... it should pull all of the now correct information from Outlook, and all will be happy happy. How can I do that?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: How to Delete only phonebook

there are two ways to handle the. One in the sync configure settings, on the phone book configure page, there are three check boxes, import, export, sync. I think import is the one you want for the first time, then sync thereafter.

The other is from the backup/restore advanced button, with the Bb connected, select address Book on the device side and click on the clear button.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

AndrewR no está en línea Stack level 1

I was looking at Import once.. and it seems to be importing from another BB device from what I could see. Didn't think to look at the Backup option.. I will try and post results. thanks!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It's either import or export I forget which and wasn't at the PC to check on my info store. You did the right thing not to believe me. It't the Export which goes From Handheld. Import will overwrite the Handheld, Export overwrites the PC. and sync goes both ways. Sorry, My Bad. I'll get one of the other Staff Members to Slap my Hand for that one.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b