Ever wanted to know how you can make someone's ringtone alert you--even when they're sending ... General Blackberry forum

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

How to create custom ringtones for specific contacts

Advertisement

Ever wanted to know how you can make someone's ringtone alert you--even when they're sending you an SMS or MMS?

The way you do it is to go to the Profiles Menu-->Advanced-->Menu Button-->New Profile

Create a new profile for the person you want custom notify. I usually name the profile after the person. In the new profile, scroll down to "SMS Text" and click on it. In that menu change the notify tune for in holster/out of holster as you require it. Save it and close.

Next in the Advanced profiles menu, create a "new exception". Again, name it after the person you're creating for.

In the exception, change "Active Profile" to the profile name that you just created. Then change the notifier tune to the same tune you use for the contact.

Save and close.

Now when you get a text from this person the ringtone will work the same as if they were calling you.

Note: The exception overrides any profile you have active. So if you set the phone on vibrate or silent because you're at work, this ringtone will sound anyway.

When you're in the Profile creation menu, you'll probably notice that you can change the notify tune for just about everything. So you can also have the custom tone set up for email messages from the contact (if you have their email address associated with the contact) and just about anything you want. Among many other possibilities.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

sassyjap no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thank you very much!