How can I copy everything from one blackberry over to another? If I simply backup ... General Blackberry forum

AkkordEX no está en línea Stack level 2

How to copy a blackberry

Advertisement

How can I copy everything from one blackberry over to another?
    If I simply backup one BB and restore onto another BB (using the ipd), is that enough?
    I will also move the micro SD card from one to the other.

So will settings (ie. sms sound, font size, etc.) all be copied over? In other words, will there be ANY difference between the 2 BB's if I do the above?

thanks

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    By using the Device Switch Wizard in Desktop Manager I have had pretty good luck copying settings from one Blackberry to another. There are some things that didn't transfer well for whatever reason, but overall it works very well. Also make sure to check the box for third party apps and they should transfer as well.
    As a precaution I take a backup of the device that I am transferring settings from and then I can restore individual databases if something doesn't transfer correctly.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by AkkordEX View Post
    How can I copy everything from one blackberry over to another?
    If I simply backup one BB and restore onto another BB (using the ipd), is that enough?
    I will also move the micro SD card from one to the other.

So will settings (ie. sms sound, font size, etc.) all be copied over? In other words, will there be ANY difference between the 2 BB's if I do the above?

thanks
    Both the Device Switch Wizard (thanks alryder!) and Backup/Restore work well for your purposes. I've heard of some problems transferring RMS databases when using the Device Switch Wizard, but since you have your stuff on a microSD that shouldn't matter.