hey guys I'm just hoping someone can help me. Basically I got some dirt on ... General Blackberry forum

4ntimatter no está en línea Stack level 2

how to clean?

Advertisement

hey guys I'm just hoping someone can help me.

Basically I got some dirt on the cursor ball of my pearl and before I could get home to clean it off some
    of the dirt got rolled into the back of the ball and now my ball won't roll downwards.

Is there any way I can open my blackberry and clean the dirt out. The phone is useless unless I fix it.

Thanks guys any help or suggestions would be awesome.

bkeen no está en línea Stack level 1
    you can carefully remove the collar around the trackball and that will allow the ball to be taken out and you can clean it then. Just be careful not to (a) bend the collar and (b) lose the ball.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Good thing it's not a BlackBerry Bold, or 8900... they require complete dissembly to get to the trackball. What not so brilliant person came up with this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by 4ntimatter View Post
    Basically I got some dirt on the cursor ball of my pearl and before I could get home to clean it off some
    of the dirt got rolled into the back of the ball and now my ball won't roll downwards.

Is there any way I can open my blackberry and clean the dirt out. The phone is useless unless I fix it.
    The good news is that it comes apart by carefully lifting the outer chrome ring off.
    Here are the instructions for cleaning it, in the link below.

In the event that you do not have success, this company also sells replacement trackball assemblies that include everything as well as the chrome ring. I just put one of these in my 8310, it's only a five minute job and made mine like new.

http://www.bbtrackball.com/Intense%2...structions.htm

Cheers and Good Luck!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    If I may add to the excellent suggestions above, disassembly, or the taking apart of the trackball assembly once it is out of the handheld, is rarely required and not for the faint of heart. For two easy methods of cleaning and replacement please see the following:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/a/1072-how_to_trackball_cleaning_and_replacement.html

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    If I may add to the excellent suggestions above
    This is PinStack in action, Stackers teamwork at it's finest....

Thanks to all you Stackers that have contributed !

Cheers