I was planning on purchasing a used T-Mobile 8320 from craigslist. The deal is $150, ... General Blackberry forum

NeoLogic no está en línea Stack level 2

How to check your not buying a blacklisted phone?

Advertisement

I was planning on purchasing a used T-Mobile 8320 from craigslist. The deal is $150, and I plan to do the transaction in person, and with cash.

If i go there with a prepaid sim card, and call my current cell phone, will that prove the phone is not currently blacklisted, and somewhat safe to buy? I guess my first question... will a prepaid sim card even work in a 8320? I currently have Verizon, so I can't use my own SIM card if you know what I mean.

Thanks
    The day Micro$haft makes something that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum.

Heavy Fluid no está en línea Stack level 2
    GSM phones don't get blacklisted like CDMA phones do. You put your SIM card in, and it works.

Okay. I had done a little reseach before posting this thread. I guess it seems I didn't read enough into it. They seem to blacklist European TMO phones. TMO US doesn't seem to have a blacklist database.

So anyway, will a prepaid sim card work in a Blackberry?
    The day Micro$haft makes something that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum.

Heavy Fluid no está en línea Stack level 2
    It should. I would definitely get a data plan on that prepaid if I were you if you can. If not, you could be charged for various PPU data charges, and that is not cheap, and they add up quickly.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Blackberry data is not available on true prepaid plans with at&t or T-Mobile. On the month to month (flexpay) it is available. The blackberry will work for making phone calls and sending text messages on prepaid. You can probably get it to work for data over wi-fi as well.

Zo

Thanks guys. I just picked up the used phone, and all seems sound so far. I'll check around for the flexpay, and post my results here.