New in Firmware 4.5 and BES 4.1.5 is a Calender Reconcile function which synchronize the ... General Blackberry forum

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb How to reset device calender to force reload from BES

Advertisement

New in Firmware 4.5 and BES 4.1.5 is a Calender Reconcile function which synchronize the wirelesse calender from scratch. Did you know that this function is already on your device and works with earlier BEs versions as well ?

When you open up the calender and go to the options, scroll down to the bottom and type in RSET (on sure type devices you have to double press some buttons, sure type wont work !). A warning dialog comes up then
    "This will erase your device calender and reload it from your server, Continue ?"

This works down to firmware 4.2.1, havnt checked with earlier versions yet.

Hope this might be useful for some people !

okamosy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2067acbe

Re: How to reset device calender to force reload from BES

One way would be to reset wireless sync. To do this, go to device options > advanced options > enterprise activation

Hold down the alt key and type cnfg. Turn off wireless sync, then save changes. Do the alt+cnfg again and turn wireless sync back on, save changes.

The only thing is this causes all PIM data to be resynched. So just keep that in mind

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

orbifold no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b8e51c

Re: How to reset device calender to force reload from BES

Very cool posts, okamosy and banthon!

I just tried on my 8703 (4.2) the 'rset' hint looks good, but other guys here have 4.1--no go.
    then I tried the second one, from banthon, on 4.1 handheld software devices. We still did not go thru with the change, but it looks good.
    My old way is to go Options-Advanced Options-Service Book, and select and delete Desktop [SYNC] and Desktop [CICAL]
    Then go to to the BES and Resend the Service Book under IT Admin.
    After a minute or two, the calendar goes through the process and re-syncs.
    This has worked 4.1 and 4.2, but it's only for the Calendar.