I have a blackberry bold and constantly have memory problems resulting in my phone eventually ... General Blackberry forum

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3

How much memory do I actually have and how can i improve this?

Advertisement

I have a blackberry bold and constantly have memory problems resulting in my phone eventually grinding to a hault.

I have used quiclaunch for a couple of months now and I regularly use it to monitor my RAM level. My RAM tends to start at 18mb then 12 hours later its 1mb.

I'm not unfamiliar with the concept of memory leak and assumed that this was what was happening.

Recently I decided to try and do something about it so I downloaded a trial of memory up pro.

The thing is according to memory up pro I have 35mb free RAM and it doesn't seem to go down at all despite what quicklaunch tells me.

Can anyone tell me, do these memory management apps actually work? Do you have any other recommendations?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    If you havent done so already... save all your media to your memory card... also try limiting the amount of apps you have on your Bold. I have one myself and I have let's see... 16 applications, 6 themes, and 4 games loaded to it... not using any kind of memory management program at all... every now and then I'll run the memory cleaning on the Bold but that's about it... I don't think the paid memory management apps are worth it... but that's me....

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    X2 what they suggested. If you're bumping into mem limits, definitely have everything you can on the mem card. Yeah, the Bold has a lot of room, but the BBs are much happier when music, ringtones, docs, video, etc. Are stored on the ext card.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Have u tried a program like quickpull as u can schedule a virtual battery pull every 24hrs
    I go down to 11mb at the end of the day and wake up with 38mb. Excellent

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    But I was under the impression memory where the apps are was ROM where as the memory that seems to be reducing to zero is in fact RAM?

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    You have app memory, device memory, and media card. The OS and programs and themes you install and all your emails and program data go in app memory. Forget thinking of it as RAM versus ROM.
    Unfortunately, even though you have 1 GB of device memory, very little use exists for it. It is good for storing ringtones and background pics and such but that's about it. You can't save themes or apps there (stupid RIM, just stupid).
    I don't know what quickload is telling you and why that is different than elsewhere. Options>Memory gives you the memory facts. Or alt-shift-H for the Help Me screen.

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001
    Using maxmem free from www.berrycoder.com will removeotherwiseunremovable Rim software such as voice activated dialling which takes a lot of devicememory...Fully back up yourboldfirst