Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok...after reading a thread and finding out there are thirteen year olds that own BlackBerrys, ... General Blackberry forum

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

How many minors own a bb?

Advertisement

Ok...after reading a thread and finding out there are thirteen year olds that own BlackBerrys, I have to ask...How many minors (under 18) are there out there that own a BlackBerry?

This is shocking to me...

In my opinion I could never allow my daughter to own a bb. There is too much out there on the internet that I don't ever want her to run across...And pin sharing, wow! that can be scary for me, let alone a minor. Call me old fasioned but I never had a cell phone, let alone a bb growing up...and I survived...boy have times changed.

So to all you minors with bb's out there...I'm curious...Defend yourselves, tell me why you need a bb...

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE

Re: How many minors own a bb?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ well I'm already 18. But I want to put my word in anyway. Plain and simple we don't need them. Kids my age and younger are spoiled rotten. Now you'll see that 10 or so kids will respond " I pay for all my own stuff" blah blah. I'm in the same situation and that's not an excuse. Its that kids are growing up faster than ever and technology is becoming so demanding that we(kids) want these new technolgies. Just my two cents

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Although I'm an adult, I can answer that question. They want them (especially the Pearl, 8800 and 8300) because they are no longer the bulky big devices of previous model numbers (8700 and previous), with the exception of the 7100 series.

Also, the multimedia features are attractive. And, although I am biased towards this other device because I own 3 of them, they are getting tired of the sidekick with it's regular data problems. However, I have seen a few teens on here that have honestly said they use them for school.

As for me, when I was a teen (YEARS ago), I WISH I had a BlackBerry. This is due to the major organizational issues I grew up facing. I put EVERYTHING in my calendar, address book, memos, tasks, etc.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by labevlol
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ well I'm already 18. But I want to put my word in anyway. Plain and simple we don't need them. Kids my age and younger are spoiled rotten. Now you'll see that 10 or so kids will respond " I pay for all my own stuff" blah blah. I'm in the same situation and that's not an excuse. Its that kids are growing up faster than ever and technology is becoming so demanding that we(kids) want these new technolgies. Just my two cents
    lol I agree with it. Most kids dont really need a BB but hey why not start the addiction early atleast this is a healthy one (I would hope)

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My child is 9 and uses Jivetalk to IM her buddies on my blackberry. She's always logged in to IM in 2 places: my blackberry and her computer. That way she can use it in either place and I can monitor it in real-time...as well as log everything...as well as restrict who she can chat with, etc.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Even though < 18 year olds are classed as "minors" I reckon that some of the 13 year olds are a helivay lot smarted than you think. they can amaze you with there intelligence and uncluttered opinions. Be aware the next generation !! always good news !!

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3

I think or teens, there are a lot of celebrity influences as well, I can see some girls having bb just because Paris Hilton has it...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I only know of one "minor" that owns one, and that's GotPearl. I think she can handle her self on the forums and with a blackberry. I think she is the only one in her age group using the forums. I bet there are plenty of kids with them. Just not on these forums.

Just in their defense though, it is the parents that are probably buying the device for them and pay for the bill. Not the brightest parents. When I have kids and they ever want a blackberry, I'll get them a pager or one of the 80's old school cell phones! LOL!

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    When I have kids and they ever want a blackberry, I'll get them a pager or one of the 80's old school cell phones! LOL!
    im saving my "zack morris" phone for my kids

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by glehman85
    im saving my "zack morris" phone for my kids
    exactly what i was thinking!! LOL!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My child is 9 and uses Jivetalk to IM her buddies on my blackberry. She's always logged in to IM in 2 places: my blackberry and her computer. That way she can use it in either place and I can monitor it in real-time...as well as log everything...as well as restrict who she can chat with, etc.
    see, to me, something is just not right about having to chat on the internet that young... but it's just my opinion.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

I am 18 and I have a pearl, since Christmas.

I am in love with it, and quite addicted :]

I currently don't have a job and my mom pays for it and stuff, and time graduation money comes in, I am buying $150 worth of stuff off of seidio for it.

I will be getting a job when I start college in the fall though, I love my BB :]]]]

Kids grow up pretty quick nowadays , we as parents would like to slow that down sometimes but in reality of it we educate them and we tell them what is good or bad. And maybe these guys will have a better attitude about things that we never quite got. I reckon a smart 12-13 year old is the equivalent of a 18 year old nowadays. how nieve to call them minors !!

blaze53 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    224A754F

Hmmm im one of those "minors" lol. Im 16 and finishing highskool this year, to answer your question i use my BB to the fullest i know, since im heading to college in the fall it'll be way easier if i could stay in touch with my professors not only at home but also on the go. Also life has been way easier for me having a BB since everyone i know can reach me extremely easily. Whether it's by text messaging, email or on the phone. I dont let my parents pay for my bill at all cuzz i kinda tend to go overboard with my minutes and text messaging, saves me from all the screaming lolll :P

What !!you want communicatioin to be restricted to the over 18 year olds !! the internet is the 20th centuries best educational tool ever by a long shot, people just get over your narrow minded BS and lets get on with this .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast