View Poll Results: How many have you converted to BlackBerry?

Voters
17. Register free to vote on this poll
  • No one

2 11.76%
  • 1-5

9 52.94%
  • 5-10

0 0%
  • more then 10

6 35.29%

I would llike to take this opportunity to propose we do what we can to ... General Blackberry forum

vera no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24D593F4

Lightbulb How many have you converted to BlackBerry?

Advertisement

I would llike to take this opportunity to propose we do what we can to keep the BlackBerry so far out in front of the 'competition' (as if there was any true competition to RIM anyway) there is NO contest. One sure way to do that is for all of us to talk about our device to people we can convert over to using the BlackBerry. I personally try to convert everyone I know who uses a cell phone to having a BlackBerry. At our office I am known as the 'resident BlackBerry expert' and everyone comes to me for help and questions. I have never met anyone who has used one for 30 days and not said 'i will never be without one'. Currently, my total for the last year of 'converts/crackberry addicts' as a direct result of my suggestions (gently now) is 12. I thought it would be interesting to see how many you find yourself also trying to convert people to the BB. Anyone?
    Vera Palmeri
    PIN 24D593F4

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: How many have you converted to BlackBerry?

Honestly my number is probably in the 100's. Only due to the fact I work for Sprint-Nextel and I have the opportunity each day to convert people to a BB.

xaurav no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20374F8B

jus 2, rea tough outta here its real rare out here to keep bb , so m cool among all m happy with my bb<lol in hindi laguage bb is known as wife>. m hapy

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

I am the IT manager for a small company (around 100 people) and when I started a year ago they were all using Palm or Treo. Now they are all on Blackberry! YEA!!!

beansy72 no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok, here is your chance to convert me. Actually I am very close to diving into the BB world after being a traditional flip-phone person with Verizon. I am very interested the 8700g from T-Mobile. I have been doing a lot of research/reading on it.

Concerns are mainly the phone/voice quality of this device in which I hear everything from awful to great. I am consumer as opposed to the business professional but I still think the BB is good for all types of users.

Care to sell me on it?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well beansy, what are the other ones you are interested in so we know what to bash, I mean compare, against.

Well I guess I'm looking for why the BB is the best as opposed to why the others suck. But don't let me hold you back from bashing.

vera no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24D593F4

HAHAHAHAHAHA........ AMEN to N8DBB.... i can tell you this.... Beansy... you will discover so many things you never thought you would want a BlackBerry for only AFTER you start using it... You WILL NEVER regret getting one!!!! That I am fully confident to gaurantee you.
    Vera Palmeri
    PIN 24D593F4

If you say so.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well, after doing all the research you are doing (which I believe is a GREAT idea), you could also go to your local Blackberry carrier, and you can get a trial period (mostly 14 days) to try out the device and the service...If you decide that it's not for you, you can always take it back without being penalized.

Yeah I have gone to T-Mobile stores and played with it a lot. I guess its just a matter of pulling the trigger and going for it. I feel its also a bit risky going to T-Mobile but that's a whole other thread in itself. I am one of those believers though in the notion that the gap is closing on these carriers in terms of who has better coverage. I am in NYC so I think it will be fine.

Again my real concern was phone/voice quality of the 8700g.

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Well, Beansy, let me tell you. As a flip phone plus Palm user for several years, I am now one of those BB users who'll never go back. The convenience of only having to carry one device is very liberating. Plus, don't underestimate the joy of push email. Before I had it I thought it was kind of a gimmick. Now the idea of having to log into my email accounts to see if I have any new messages seems a totally unacceptable inconvenience. The flexibility of a BB is also awesome. As I've said before, I got my 7100i as a "cell phone on steroids". Within days I was hooked and I think you will be too if you give it a try!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~