Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well I never had an actual accident but when I used to be a noob ... General Blackberry forum

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Advertisement

Well I never had an actual accident but when I used to be a noob to the BB world (lol) I was wiping one of my friends 8320 and once I did and installed .81 for TMO it gave me the "I don't want to stop blinking red LED" I went crazy... I thought I had bricked the phone! After countless battery pulls I finally realised that the reason behind it not responding was because I did not have the latest DM installed on my PC. LOL I later fixed the problem by DLing the latest operational DM for that specific DS lol. I felt so accomplised and releived.

Now if I were to have that issue with the knowledge I have now it would be a no brainer and I would actualy have fun going through the hassle rather then going through it with a tight gut feeling lol.

~via Blackberry~

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I also had an accident with my bb long ago. I was juggling all my soccer gear you know cleats, shin guards, jersey, soccer ball etc and my curve of course. Needless to say, as I was going down the stairs my beloved curve fell and bounced about three times and I almost had a heart attack at that moment. Everything seemed to be okay, not one scratch on it but as the day went by my camera's flash was not working so I went McGuiver on my bb and poked around it with a stapler and I got it fixed . So, yeah that's my story. There's the big Ahah!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I also had an accident with my bb long ago. I was juggling all my soccer gear you know cleats, shin guards, jersey, soccer ball etc and my curve of course. Needless to say, as I was going down the stairs my beloved curve fell and bounced about three times and I almost had a heart attack at that moment. Everything seemed to be okay, not one scratch on it but as the day went by my camera's flash was not working so I went McGuiver on my bb and poked around it with a stapler and I got it fixed . So, yeah that's my story. There's the big Ahah!
    Ha Ha-good post C. Everytime Ive dropped my BB, its like the fall is in slow mtion, your mind starts working 1000 mph-am I going to have to re-install my OS? So far I havent dropped this 9000. If I quit posting, you'll know I DID have a heart attack.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just thought of a few other stories:

7100t #1: Lasted 6 months before the internal radio crapped (along with the power button on the top of the phone). Getting it replaced seemed to be more of a headache than the actual problem. T-Mobile decided to misinterpret the shipping address on my account. Anyway, 14 days later I had a 2nd replacement. The 1st replacement showed up 4 months later when I no longer needed it.

8100 #1&2: Both crapped after several OS upgrade attempts to fix various other problems (typing links in BBM shut it down with illegal java errors).

Then came a WEIRD issue with RIM's version of Yahoo Messenger client about the time I got 8100 #2. I would receive an invite to add a new contact via Messenger on my phone. I would add them only to have the SAME request show up everytime I started Yahoo on my phone. Turns out I needed to add them via Messenger on my PC before the invite was recognized by the phone. It's happened a few times since I got my 8120 but I just use JiveTalk (aka BeeJive) and it hasn't happened since.

And has anyone figured out why Content Protection, when enabled, causes the issue where BlackBerry Messenger thinks you have upgraded your phone? It will move my contacts into a group called PIN Pending Updates. I then have to contact all of my contacts to get them back into the Available or Unavailable lists where they belong.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-16-2009 at 03:45 AM.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post

We need to get Raton a McGyver Survival Kit!! This guy is forever using staples, car keys, and duct tape to make his devices work!! LoL
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 02-16-2009 at 04:22 AM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    LOL what did he do now?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Ha Ha-good post C. Everytime Ive dropped my BB, its like the fall is in slow mtion, your mind starts working 1000 mph-am I going to have to re-install my OS? So far I havent dropped this 9000. If I quit posting, you'll know I DID have a heart attack.
    You should have seen the look in my face. I was just like you were saying in "slow motion" shouting "Nooooooooooooooooooo" he he he
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    We need to get Raton a McGyver Survival Kit!! This guy is forever using staples, car keys, and duct tape to make his devices work!! LoL
    The Discovery Channel has to make slot for me to show my skills with keys and staples and how you too can fix your BB from malfunctioning with a few tweaks here and there and every now and then a smack or two
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

pchukwura no está en línea Stack level 2
    My Curve 8320 has had a cracked screen for over 3 months now, and for some reason, i have not fixed it.

I guess that gives me a reason to pick up a new device in a couple weeks!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by pchukwura View Post
    My Curve 8320 has had a cracked screen for over 3 months now, and for some reason, i have not fixed it.

I guess that gives me a reason to pick up a new device in a couple weeks!
    That's me. Oh man, there is a bit of a scratch on the bottom of my case.... Woohoo... New BB time!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I've fixed quite a few at my last job. Many repairs were the ear piece stopped working on our 7100i's. People drop them and the metal prongs behind the speaker get bent in and won't make contact anymore. Then some fixes of keypad replacements and screens. I'd have parts all over the place. I'd rather try and fix a BB instead of replace it.

~via smartphone~

Flyer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Upgraded my 8100 from 4.2 to 4.5 and replaced the pearl itself. My loudspeaker doesn't work on voice calls mmm. Not been able to fix this!
    BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.69 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/123

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12