Hi All, I am new user to Blackberry, previously used the Seven mail application. Anyway ... General Blackberry forum

tommygunn01 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down How long to provision a Blackberry Service?

Advertisement

Hi All,

I am new user to Blackberry, previously used the Seven mail application.

Anyway I contacted my provider (Optus in Australia) to add Blackberry to my voice plan. This was last Saturday and was sent around the call centres to eventually be told I would have to call back Monday as there was no one in the office to manage Corporate Accounts!

So Monday comes and I am told that I have to complete a fac application form, ok do this, now Friday and I am told it take a while to provision and activate - should be completed Tues / Wed next week!!!! What???

Are they taking the P*** or what? Please can some tell me how long this should take .

I'm looking forward to getting out of my current prehistoric pre-email predicament and moving forward to providing my customers with swift email responses on my Blackberry .

That's enough of my rant, great forum, great advice thank you for listening!

Cheers,

Tommy ish usually

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: How long to provision a Blackberry Service?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Wow! That's rare!

Seriously, with Rogers in Canada, getting a BlackBerry up and running on a BlackBerry Data Plan would not take more than 15 minutes (after your credit is approved! ).

I think you're getting the run around! Is there a good dealer to whom you can go and get him/her to put pressure on the carrier? The dealers often have special phone numbers to call for which the average customer does not have access.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

yeah it took about 15 minutes with cingular,, usually carriers are happy to help change in service especially if your spending more money every month

specialguess no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

about the same 15 mins with telus (MIke)
    Markham, Ontario