I was wondering how Japan feels about Blackberry i mean with all there UBER high ... General Blackberry forum

BBATT no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I was wondering how Japan feels about Blackberry i mean with all there UBER high end phones are Blackberry that popular over there?

Im sorry for the double post there is someting wrong with the site
    Last edited by dasupaman23; 10-17-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Double post, Fixed

DynamicZ no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How does Japan feel about BB's?

Blackberry's came out earlier this year without much fanfare. DoCoMo is the only carrier supporting BB for now and they typically rent them out to foreign clients. I go to Japan pretty frequently for work and to this day have not seen a BB in use. I only see the generic clam phones there.

ncc1701p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask_me:)

Re: How does Japan feel about BB's?

well being a frequent traveller to Japan. Japanese society is very different than hours in many perspectives. First of all they are very keen on doing emails using one hand. Extremely good at it. Given its a different design I just dont see it working well over there. Most average phones "kei-teis" (Pronounced kay-thais) already do what most of our phones do. They have GPS, 3G Web. which s what they mostly do. Given that at least our newer BB's are SLIMMER I could see them getting a small foothold in Japan. for a american company to get a good marketshare in Japan is quite a feat. Ipod is the ONLY product i've seen that was successful. Why because its a simple design. They love simplicitiy. Anything that doesn't work well or is too complicated is instantly shunned in Japan. Again it can happem but not today... Even in japan ive seen 1 person use a bluetooth headset. I cant understand WHY its not used over there.. its super convenient to use. But since they dont drive cars i guess its a rarity. Their phones DO have BT, i know because I scan for BT devices in the subway and come up with 15 on occasion. Again it illudes me and my friends in Japan don't always have a answer. Basically its a cultural difference and divide.