I have been trying to figure out how browser push works. Does it mean that ... General Blackberry forum

fmvela no está en línea Stack level 1

How does browser push work?

I have been trying to figure out how browser push works. Does it mean that you will get a message if one of your favorite websites is updated?

If so, how do I make that happen?

Thanks for your help.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Blog Entries
    Blackberry Push:

I would say it mean, with regards to email, when you add emails to your device, instead of going to check for your email, it will be Pushed to your device every time New email arrives.

As for Browsers, if you subscribe to a Push Service, when there is an update to that Service, it will push it to your Device.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Blog Entries
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Huh I am still confused. I have never actually tried to figure out what that means. I got a few browser pushed messages for the years that I have benn using the device. But never actually tried to figure out what the hell that was.

fmvela no está en línea Stack level 1
    What is a push service? How does one subscribe to one?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Blog Entries
    • About browser pushBrowser push is designed to push information from a web application to your BlackBerry® device as the information becomes available. For example, you can use browser push to receive updates for weather reports, stock quotes, or breaking news. When your device receives an update, a new browser push message might appear in a message list or, an on the Home screen or in the application list might change to indicate that new information is available. The web application might also push updated information to your browser cache without notifying you. If information is pushed to your browser cache, the information is available on your device even when your device is not connected to the wireless network. Your device supports different types of browser push messages. Service loading messages include updated information. Service indication messages include a link to updated information. Other browser push messages include messages that appear in your browser cache.• About cell broadcastingCell broadcasting is designed to enable wireless service providers to use SMS text messaging to send information to all BlackBerry® devices in a specific geographical area simultaneously. You can receive cell broadcast messages that contain a specific type of information by subscribing to a cell broadcast channel that provides that type of information. Different cell broadcast channels send different cell broadcast messages. For example, one cell broadcast channel might send regular weather forecasts while another might send traffic reports