I synch my contacts with ms outlook but there isn't a field for PIN #s ... General Blackberry forum

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

how do you synch PIN#s?

Advertisement

I synch my contacts with ms outlook but there isn't a field for PIN #s so what i do is save the PIN on the pager & PIN fields in my bb. That way if i change phones (like now that my 7100g is under repair) i don't lose the PINs of my contacts.
    My question is: is there a better way to do this? Like, can i assign what field the PIN would synch with in ms outlook?
    Any ideas?

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: how do you synch PIN#s?

I have it stored under the all fields tab. There is a drop down box and it is under the user defined fields in this item. You need to create the field for PIN. Previously I had it under miscillaneous fields, user field 1. I am using outlook 2003.

HuwSy no está en línea Stack level 3

Normally the PIN defaults to being stored under User Field 1, from what I remember anyhow.
    Huw - www.huenik.com
    Bb 8220 4.6...

I will test my hosting companys claims of unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth. Ideas?

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ got it sorted out already. In DM, I went to configure PIM, highlighted contacts, clicked advanced options then there is a button for "field mapping". There I found which field in the handheld goes to which field in outlook. Clicking and dragging the fields will do the trick. So now my PINs(in my bb) will synch with the pager field (in outlook). Yehey!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks for pointing that out. My pins were not syncing as either, so I followed your instructions and viola!

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Interesting. I was told by the "national" IT guy for the division of my company that PINs could not be sync'd in Outlook at all, ever, end of story.

Go figure!

What I have been doing for PINs or fourth email addresses is putting them in the notes section of the BB address book.

When putting in 'tel:' or 'pin:', the BB recognises that string and makes a link of it. In fact, when browsing cards in the address book, these will be links, where PINs or emails in their respective fields will just be text. To send a PIN or email or make a call from the address book would require two wheel clicks. With the "tel:+1-xxx-xxx-xxxx" or "pin:0x0x0x0x" in the notes sections, they are links which can be accessed directly with just a press of the return button. For those looking for shortcuts, this is much faster.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b