My office was getting rid of some 7520's and I bought one for $15 for ... General Blackberry forum

mtgarden no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How do I setup a blackberry without a data plan?

Advertisement

My office was getting rid of some 7520's and I bought one for $15 for my wife. She was wanting an organizer. I have never used a BB, but assumed that I would have desktop management software like a Palm. Ooops.

OK, I figured out that I need to use Outlook or possibly Thunderbird to sync her day planner and such stuff. What I can't figure out is how to do it....

I installed the 4.3 desktop software attempting to use the redirector. But, that won't load for me. It cannot connect to the messaging system, but I never had the opportunity to tell it where to connect. I guess, I am missing the point where I tell the software where to go. What am I missing here?

Thanks and sorry for being such a noob.

And I wasn't planning to connect it to a wireless service at this point. Just as a day planner and such.

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Once you plug it in, go to Desktop Manager, and under Connections (top of program window) make sure it's connected via the USB port. Once it recognizes the device, you'll see the PIN number (random assortment of letters/numbers). From there, you can go into the sync applications, and alert the device to add the Outlook contacts/calendar events

That's the best I can give you now, since I don't have my computer in front of me.

Someone'll follow up with a more in-depth :-)

Best of luck-
    djflyy

I see. I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

Worked. Thanks. My wife is happy.