Anyone got any suggestions on where how I can update and if its worth doing? ... General Blackberry forum

twoboyz_22 no está en línea Stack level 2

how do i update to 4.5 os

Advertisement

Anyone got any suggestions on where how I can update and if its worth doing? Any problems with it
    Thx melissa
    melissa via her curves

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    First rule of updating your device Backup, Backup, Backup. Always backup before attempting anything.

Second find the OS that is specific for your device. Not sure if the 8330 4.5 OS is out officially, so if it's not on here we cannot provide a link. You will have to Google it.

Once you have all that just follow the directions here

pboopter no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i updated and now my curve doesn't work.keeps shutting itself off then back on

twoboyz_22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I haven't had any luck getting it to update do I hv to buy a new blackberry just for update guess I could hold out for the touch screen one ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pboopter no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had to reinstall 4.2 to get the curve to work. I am holding out for the touch screen which hopefully will be soon

nextfoolmartyr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248BCE51
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~your previous updates didn't take because either a theme or application conflict make sure you wipe your phone first I learned that the hard way

genodelick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24774EF6
    Yeah.
    Back up everything, wipe ur blackberry, REMOVE the microSD and then, proceed with the OS update.
    I didn't wipe my device when I updated the OS, but the ****in microSD gave me a real hard time, and when I removed the sucker off of my phone, it was fast and smooth.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by genodelick View Post
    Yeah.
    Back up everything, wipe ur blackberry, REMOVE the microSD and then, proceed with the OS update.
    I didn't wipe my device when I updated the OS, but the ****in microSD gave me a real hard time, and when I removed the sucker off of my phone, it was fast and smooth.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yep. Card can cause issues. Not to mention, who wants to risk losing card info/media/etc.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what does wipe your device means? And any word on how much is the bb touch screen is gonna cost?

nursie no está en línea Stack level 1

Att

I phoned them an hour ago and asked if they supported 4.5 and they said not at this time. Why does one company use a new OS sooner than another and does anyone know when ATT will support 4.5 ? I am very new to BB, just a few weeks, and am fearful to change OS when I am not familiar enough with the device itself.