Hi everyone, I have a big trouble: Install three themes on my BB 8700c, and ... General Blackberry forum

MEasy no está en línea Stack level 1

How do I reset my Blackberry 8700c

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I have a big trouble: Install three themes on my BB 8700c, and the phone restarted like it was supposed to, but now it is in a loop and just shows an hourglass spinning and wont startup. I tried uninstall but.. when i connect my pin is writen in the communication port selection.
    Then I open the "Application Loader", when i click next, it switch to com3 and to USB PIN UNKNOW. So in the "Device Aplication Selection" i got "No system software was found in your device".

I tried to hold down alt-caps-delete, but that didn't work, I also took the battery out, but that didn't work either.

please help me to remove the theme or reset my BB!

Quote Originally Posted by MEasy View Post
    Hi everyone, I have a big trouble: Install three themes on my BB 8700c, and the phone restarted like it was supposed to, but now it is in a loop and just shows an hourglass spinning and wont startup. I tried uninstall but.. when i connect my pin is writen in the communication port selection.
    Then I open the "Application Loader", when i click next, it switch to com3 and to USB PIN UNKNOW. So in the "Device Aplication Selection" i got "No system software was found in your device".

I tried to hold down alt-caps-delete, but that didn't work, I also took the battery out, but that didn't work either.

please help me to remove the theme or reset my BB!
    First we need to discuss the themes that made it happen. Were they OTA or were they loaded with the Application Loader in DM? Were they Plazmic? Did they include an alternate version of blackberry.alx? Since the theme install apparently caused the problem, we need info about the themes . . .

MEasy no está en línea Stack level 1
    They were all alx. I think they were plazmic. I do not know much about this. The themes were in the forum here are the names 87_csi_trans_demo.alx, c2z8700mcescher.alx, and boondocks.alx. I simply extracted the zip file and use the applications loader as I had done before. There are also some COD file in the folders, I dont know what that is.
    Last edited by MEasy; 03-29-2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: A

Quote Originally Posted by MEasy View Post
    They were all alx. I think they were plazmic. I do not know much about this. The themes were in the forum here are the names 87_csi_trans_demo.alx, c2z8700mcescher.alx, and boondocks.alx. I simply extracted the zip file and use the applications loader as I had done before. There are also some COD file in the folders, I dont know what that is.
    You need to download a program here at Pinstack called jl_cmdr (type it in the search box to find it, or go to the download section - link at the top of the page), install it and use it to remove the OS from your device. Then you need to uninstall all BlackBerry software from your computer (including Desktop Manager), using the computer's "add/delete programs" feature in the Control Panel. Download a new, fresh OS and DM from your service provider (usually one download); install; then attach the 8700 and invoke Desktop Manager and follow the prompts. Although it looks like you downloaded themes that were Plazmic, somehow your blackberry.alx file (which is a text file on your computer, not on the device) was corrupted. After you have things up and running, make a copy of your blackberry.alx file and put it on your desktop to serve as a backup; then when something like this takes place again, all you'll need to do is copy it back to it's original location to (probably) solve the problem.