Curve 8310 At&t 4.2 Already have Microsoft Instant Messenger thru IM+. How do I set ... General Blackberry forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

How Do I Get Hotmail Pushed?

Advertisement

Curve 8310 At&t 4.2
    Already have Microsoft Instant Messenger thru IM+. How do I set up Hotmail push? Thanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    I can't guarentee that AT&T supports Hotmail - they're jerks about other things like Yahoo Messenger, so I wouldn't put it past them.

You should be able to just set it up on the BIS site or throught the Email Setup icon on your BlackBerry.

There are two other KB articles about Hotmail listed in the BIS 2.5 Features page that you should also check out:
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...00%20157792875
    JerryD

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Great point. With setting up hotmail accounts just follow the same steps when you added other email accounts. The new bis upgrade definitely allows for that. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    My understanding and experience is that hot mail requires a user to be a premium member to allow push or even mail forwarding.
    It may have changed in the last month or so, but previously this was the case. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    You should be able to have it pushed just like the gmail and blackberry.net accounts if you have 4.5 os because it's required to get the 2.5 web service. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    You don't necessarily need to have th 4.5 os. As long as your carrier is supporting the BIS 2.5 service you should be able to integrate an hotmail account just like any other email account

pipewerkz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FA9856
    I've had my hotmail account "push" to my phone for a while, even before BIS 2.5 on ATT. I consider "push" like BES, you get the email instantly. It takes like 8 mins to get my internet email to my phone through BIS.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Much thanks to all. Went to personal email set up and dropped in the account.
    There's a caveat that password be re-entered every 90 days to keep it pushed.
    Thanks again everyone