What I want to do is download a 'NON BLACKBERRY' accessible file that is emailed ... General Blackberry forum

RayB1 no está en línea Stack level 1

How do I download emailed files OTA

Advertisement

What I want to do is download a 'NON BLACKBERRY' accessible file that is emailed to me. For example lets say someone emails me a file. I need this file on my computer. I want to download it using my blackberry and save it to my micro sd.

After saving it to my SD card, I could then transfer the file to my computer. When the file is on my computer, I would then be in a position to use the applications on my computer to run the file.

I currently have a tethered blackberry and I want to stop the service. I am using the the tethered feature rarely. And I do not want to get a laptop card.

Ho do I download simple files OTA just for storage on the SD card till I move it to the computer??

foregus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    yes
    if you just select download file and save it to the media card?? (select the file, press the trackball and download attachement, you will get a message "you are about to download a file that cannot be viewed onb your blakberry device" select yes, anf then you will get a message that you should contact your carrier for information on fees on downloading big files, press download, and then select where on your media card you want to save it.

have you tried this?
    do you have a data plan?

i have done this with winzip files, don't know what kind of files you are trying to save

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Foregus is right on this one, and I've downloaded all kinds of file formats that aren't supported, including exes... So this should definately work for you...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

i guess that is the problem...where is the selection 'download file'. I have not found that option.

Please help

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by RayB1 View Post
    i guess that is the problem...where is the selection 'download file'. I have not found that option.

Please help

Hope this helps!!!

In the email with the file, use your trackwheel to scroll up to the attachment, select the BlackBerry button to pull up the menu, select download attached file, (the file will be downloaded to your Media Card) Plug your BlackBerry into your PC via USB and open My Computer. Select the removable memory drive, which might just be labeled BlackBerry. Open the folder you should be able to find the file there. Once you've found the file either copy or move the file to your PC. I do it more than at least 30 times a day.

I do not have a 'download' option on the blackberry button

My curve 'Blackberry' button does not have 'Download' option to select when viewing an email with an attachment. How come I do not have this as a selection. How do I get the 'download' option to select????

When I select the attachment inside of the email and press the blackbnerry button, I do not get the download option. Options I do get are:

Help
    Find
    Copy
    Mark Unopened
    Save
    Forward
    Forward As
    Reply yo All
    Open Attachment
    Delete
    Email (the sender)
    MMS (the sender)
    Show Address
    Previous Item
    Next Item
    Next Unopened Item
    Add to Address Book
    Switch Application
    Close
    Last edited by RayB1; 03-14-2009 at 10:46 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    It doesn't show "download attachment" at all? What does it do when you tell it to "open attachment"

How to download emailed attachments OTA to SD

In response to your query of what happens when I open the attachment...

When I open the attachment, the image appears. In this case it was a pdf document. With the image of the pdf on the screen, when I press the blackberry button, I am presented witht he following selections to choose from:
    Help
    Full Page
    Enhance
    View Text
    View Both
    Retrieve Info
    Zoom
    Rotate
    Zoom All
    Zoom 1:1
    Go To Page
    Next Page
    Save Page
    Send As Email
    Send as MMS
    Set As Caller ID
    Switch Application
    Close

If I select Save Page, it save the single page that I am looking at on the bb screeen as a jpg on my Midro SD.

I do not have the option to save the file

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Ok, that's definitely odd... What OS are you running on your curve, and when was the last time you did a battery pull restart?

How to download email attachments - SOLVED

After many frustrating hours of fighting this and researching the topic, I have solved the riddle for my unit and others may wish to register this informaiton.

My 8310 curve is fresh out of the box. I have only had it three weeks. Silly me thought that the OS installed by the factory would be a pretty current version with all of the advertised features and bells and whistles.

Well, it is clear this thought process was folly. ATT sold me a unit with OS version 4.2. I went throught the exercise of upgrading the OS to 4.5, and I now have the options of downloading and saving email attachments to the SD card. Therefore, I can get the attachments over to my computer using a USB cord....which is the goal I was striving for.

Who would have thought that there is a quantum leap difference between OS 4.2 and OS 4.5. Had Blackberry changed the 4 to a 5, I would understand a big change occurred.

Anyway, crisis over.

Thanx for listening

PIN/ID
    ask me
    That's exactly why I asked about the OS... Sorry I didn't ask you sooner...