This might be a stupid question, but how do i edit text in original e-mails ... General Blackberry forum

r3nb72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202a1a6f

How do i edit original e-mails when forwarding?

Advertisement

This might be a stupid question, but how do i edit text in original e-mails when forwarding from my BB 7290? Do i need to get software or am i just missing something simple?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: How do i edit original e-mails when forwarding?

Messages>Open the message you want to forward, then choose Forward>choose recipient>Email, then it will show the screen where you can edit the message, then click Send.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Actually, you can't. The only way would be to copy the entire email and compose a new message. While it may be cumbersome, I believe it's something RIM integrated to protect the integrity of forwarded messages in the corporate world. That way there's no easy way to make it look like someone in particular sent you something they really didn't. However, that said, you can always add what you have to say at the top, above the 'Original Message' line.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Not that I've ever wanted to change the original text in a forward, but I do believe that even copying text from the original is restricted.

Yeah, it's a pain. But really, what is a forwarded message if it's not original?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

It would be nice to be able to trim the quoted message to remove parts that aren't relevant to your reply.

r3nb72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    202a1a6f

Thanx for the info. I received a word document and wanted to delete the address of the sender before forwarding it. Its no big deal as that can be done from the desktop. I heard there is software available that enables the BB to do that but apparently its very expensive.

tfa675 no está en línea Stack level 1

This really stinks. Several software providers I work use Right Now for their CRM software. For email reply to a case, it has to be within brackets of the orginal email. So inorder to reply, I have to find full blown web browser.
    Pilot 1000 >> PalmIII >> Palm IV >> Samsung I300 >> Kyocera 6035 >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> BB 8700c

MackDa600 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    did we find a solution to this?
    PIN: 30b44bcc

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    It appears that nothing has changed. I found it odd that I could not pare down the original message leaving on the parts relevant to my reply. It is not as if I am FORWARDING and should be prevented from editing but I'm REPLYING and want to edit it. I guess the only way is to copy/paste text from the original and create a new message.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Yup, as stated above, it is a security issue for someone to not be able to forward an edited email and it have any integrity issues that the email has been edited and what was originally placed in the email has been removed or added to.

Not that all would be malicious in their use of this feature but why tempt anyone? If it is that big of a deal, you can take the time to select and copy the part you want to forward and then paste in a new email.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE