Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey Everyone, I'm curious to know how everyone learned and began using the blackberry. =) ... General Blackberry forum

danchang111 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

How Did You Start Using BBs

Advertisement

Hey Everyone,

I'm curious to know how everyone learned and began using the blackberry. =)

__________________________________________________ ____

Personally, I started using blackberry about 3 months ago. I was a department coordinator for the ER and needed to respond to e-mails from other volunteers in that department. I was never near a computer and as a result, my response time was horrendously late. I always thought Blackberrys were business devices and I would be simply showing off if I had one at my age. (I know very few people my age - 21 - who have blackberrys. Instead, if anything, they were using the Sidekick.) Anyways, I needed one to respond quickly, and so I bought one and fell in love with it. Now that more and more celebrities are using it, I feel trendy. =X

What about you all?

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Re: How Did You Start Using BBs

I started three years ago when I was in Houston working as a consultant for energy trading companies. It was a great way to get away from the office or spend one more day in town and still be in the loop about what was going on with a project. After about 10% of the people in our office picked BBs up and showed that they could be helpful, our office made them required for all non staff positions.

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I started using an 8700V simply because I'm a gadget addict. That was just over a year ago, now I've got an 8800. I really appreciate it even more now as I have all my friends and family that keep in touch via email so I don't feel out of the loop if I get snowed under with work and don't get a chance to get on the computer at home.

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

I switched from the Sidekick2. I didnt like the fact you could not load any programs other than what was sold by Danger Inc (maker of sidekick) and service (email/browsing/calendar) was down about once a month.

mystjava no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DB0C59

I had used RIM 950 about six ago. I was not too happy with it because of the humidity from DC had caused lines to interfer with the screen. However, it did help me keep in touch with my dh and in one way, it did save her life. I had always been debating about which to use - sidekick or bb for some time in the recent pass. When I heard about an offer to get the 7290 for such a low cost, plus I knew I would be returning to the DC area. We needed something to keep us posted with each other (my favorite application is the blackberry messenger!) while out of the home. Hence the 7290s!

However, as of recent, we both have switched to 8700s! My dh had dropped hers without knowing, the screen had cracked in three places and water got into the bb. :-( So we got her a new "upgrade" one, 8700c. She's enjoying it a lot!

I am still playing with my 7290 and 8700g. I'm only using the data plan since it is much easier for me to use. I don't like telephones, but I do love to chat using the messenger or other forms of services for the deaf. :-)

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I started using them when I was tired of using my Palm for all my appointments and forgetting to sync it all the time with my laptop. I also wasn't happy with missing e-mails when I was out or away from the office. So I tried the Treo's and the 650 was nice except for the reboots in the middle of calls, missed calls due to Versamail checking e-mail when a call came in, etc. Only one other person had a Blackberry in our company and once I saw his, I knew that's what I needed even though he was using a redirector. After I ordered mine through the company, I found out about BES and it didn't take much proding from me to the VP's to get BES.

After that it's been all BB for me. I've had to switch back to a regular phone a couple times due to my BB going to a quick grave but that was mainly due to getting them off ebay. At that company, I converted over 500 people over to BB's within a matter of 1 month. Then during my consulting phase in my career, I've converted many companies over to them. At the company that I'm at now, I've converted EVERYONE from Treo's, WM phones, and regular cell's over to BB's. My wife hates the fact that it never leaves my side except when in the shower and even then it's in a waterproof bag so I can hear calls come in, see e-mails, etc. It has it's own pillow that it sits on at night next to my bed since I'm on call 24/7/365. It has it's own name and is even in our family photo's we take each year.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

i started with BB when i went to buy the blackjack...the sales man showed me the pearl and i was hooked! i have the curve now and am very pleased!

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

one of the doctors i work for asked me to get him one because he liked his son's BB. after it was delivered i played around with it for a while, showed our business director and he agreed to buy some for a few of us in the office.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I was always into phones/PDA's. One day my gf wanted a BB because she saw Jessica Simpson with one. The newest BB at the time was the 7280. So I got her that. Then I eventually got us a pair of 7290's. They were awesome. (her's was all blinged out in pink swarovski crystals) . I then went to a 8700. After her BB she moved on to a Dash. I have tried and used a bunch of other PDA phones but I always come back to the BB. Can't wait for T-mo to release the Curve.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

It all started back in 99 old skytel days when i was working for an energy company.

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ted
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ simply because I'm a gadget addict.
    That statement is me.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

same here, im usually busy with school, and after school activities, so if i know there is something planed, i just check email and voila i can get teh info without using a computer.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I was on a long term assignment with a client that heavily used BB's. I was assigned one -- a 6230 -- even though I was a consultant. I found it very convenient and easy to use and very reliable. I ended switching my wife from her Treo to a 7230 and she was extremely happy with the switch (for obvious reasons). I've been through 5 more models over the years and my wife is now on an 8700, possibly moving to a Pearl for the smaller form factor. Heck, I've been very happy with her BB's considering that she's self-employed and I'm her IT department. It has been so much less trouble!

Anyway, 4 of the models of BB's that I've used have been my personal devices -- also a choice also based on my experiences with that old 6230...

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Honestly, I have no clue (literally) just poof and I had a blackberry Glad I got it though, regular phones bore me to death.
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

bpd
    bpd no está en línea Stack level 2

started with the first bb 6710 Nov 2002 which integrated voice with email capabilities ... used it until 2 weeks ago when i (finally) upgraded to CURVE! Loving the curve ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast