Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posted this in another forum and I didnt get a resolution, so I am trying ... General Blackberry forum

zimbu1234 no está en línea Stack level 2

How can I remove missed phone call icon...

Advertisement

Posted this in another forum and I didnt get a resolution, so I am trying here now.

Not sure why....this has never happened to me before but while i was getting a call, my BB froze on me. So now I have a missed call icon stuck in the top left corner. I tried removing the last few calls but that didn't work. All the calls in the log have been viewed (I think) so it should have gone away.

I tried clearing the phone log using the backup/restore, battery pulls, marking all messages new, etc.

I really didn't know what criteria to use to search for this issue. I am using a TMob 8100.

Any ideas??

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: How can I remove missed phone call icon...

try viewing the missed calls folder and phone call logs folder and choosing mark prior read

I cant figure out to select Mark Prior Opened on call logs. You dont have that option.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

go into messages; view folder; then choose the phone call logs folder or missed calls folder; then select a date and choose Mark Prior read

grrr...that didnt work....

beja no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ have you tried calling your phone and having another missed call? I know that when the voice mail icon gets stuck, it helps to leave another vm and then you can delete the icon. Try it with missed calls if nothing else works.

Yeah I unfortunately I tried that also. No luck.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Have you tried a battery pull?
    Proper way:
    press and hold down the power button for a few seconds and power down the device,
    then remove battery cover and battery for 30 seconds and reinsert battery and let BB reboot
    and see if icon goes away.
    **NOTE** Just removing battery with device on is actually harmful to BB and is NOT recommended by RIM.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 02-21-2008 at 08:12 PM.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Quote Originally Posted by zimbu1234 View Post
    Posted this in another forum and I didnt get a resolution, so I am trying here now.

Not sure why....this has never happened to me before but while i was getting a call, my BB froze on me. So now I have a missed call icon stuck in the top left corner. I tried removing the last few calls but that didn't work. All the calls in the log have been viewed (I think) so it should have gone away.

I tried clearing the phone log using the backup/restore, battery pulls, marking all messages new, etc.

I really didn't know what criteria to use to search for this issue. I am using a TMob 8100.

Any ideas??
    Change your theme, then do a battery pull and that should work, some time its just the particular theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    Proper way:
    press and hold down the power button for a few seconds and power down the device,
    then remove battery cover and battery for 30 seconds and reinsert battery and let BB reboot
    and see if icon goes away.
    **NOTE** Just removing battery with device on is actually harmful to BB and is NOT recommended by RIM.
    Did not work AARRGHHH

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Change your theme, then do a battery pull and that should work, some time its just the particular theme.
    Did not work AARRGHHH

Did not work AARRGHHH

Did not work AARRGHHH
    Okay, is it showing in every theme or more than one, if not delete the one it shows in using your DM, the other move would be is to go into your DM, I once had a situation like this with a text message alert that would not go away, and I had to go into the DM and erase all text message, resync and that cleared it.

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    Okay, is it showing in every theme or more than one, if not delete the one it shows in using your DM, the other move would be is to go into your DM, I once had a situation like this with a text message alert that would not go away, and I had to go into the DM and erase all text message, resync and that cleared it.
    It existed on all themes. Also, in the DM, i cleared the call log and it still exists. I also pulled the battery with the SIM card in, and its still there...not that i really thought that would help...

What if i tried deleting the phone app from the phone. I should be able to restore it from the DM right..as long as the OS is installed on my PC right?

I guess there is nothing i can really do at this point. According to RIM's site http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...00%20100486929

Problem

The Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone keeps showing missed calls after they have been cleared from the Phone call logs.

Cause

The messages database or database state are corrupt.

Resolution

The following steps may resolve this issue:
    1. Perform a hard reset of the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02141.
    2. Clear all messages databases: SMS, MMS, email messages, and Phone call logs. For more information about this step, refer to Option 1 of KB10167.
    3. Select the Wipe Handheld option to delete all the data from your BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02318.
    Warning: The following procedures will delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data prior to wiping your BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB12487.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah unfortunately that's the only thing that will get rid of the icon and repair the issue.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I guess there is nothing i can really do at this point. According to RIM's site http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...00%20100486929

Problem

The Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone keeps showing missed calls after they have been cleared from the Phone call logs.

Cause

The messages database or database state are corrupt.

Resolution

The following steps may resolve this issue:
    1. Perform a hard reset of the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02141.
    2. Clear all messages databases: SMS, MMS, email messages, and Phone call logs. For more information about this step, refer to Option 1 of KB10167.
    3. Select the Wipe Handheld option to delete all the data from your BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB02318.
    Warning: The following procedures will delete either all data, or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the data prior to wiping your BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see KB12487.
    And thats a wrap, just make sure to backup your stuff (phone numbers and stuff) first...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast