Hi to all, i have a blackberry 8700V and i recently unlocked it because i ... General Blackberry forum

paolobonja no está en línea Stack level 1

How can i get the Internet Browser ?

Advertisement

Hi to all,

i have a blackberry 8700V and i recently unlocked it because i moved to france, since then i lost the ' Internet Browser icon'...

Can you help me please knowing how i can get it back...

Thanks...

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: How can i get the Internet Browser ?

you can try hitting the 'B' Short cut from the main screen. That's how I always access it. As for how to get the icon back, someone can probabaly help you here while you are trying that. Thanks and welcome to the stacks

martin_j001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24347b90

Sounds like your service books might have been affected by the unlocking process. Try re-registering the device: Options->Advanced->Host Routing Table->click scroll wheel and choose re-register.

If that doesn't work, you need to push down the service books to the device. You can do this from your BIS page (if you're using BIS), not sure how to do it if you're on a BES though.

Hope this helps!
    HowardForums.com
    Acidstudioz.com

Z.SmithPearl no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~go into options, advanced options, host routing table then click the trackwheel and click on register now. That should make it come up. If not send your service books.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Since you're now in France the first question I must ask you is did you get a BB data plan?

If yes, do this, go into options - advanced options - host routing table - clicl the trackwheel and select register now

Hope this helps

BTW Welcome to the stacks
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Hi please,

i always have the same problems about not being able to restore the 'internet browser settings' eventhough after trying all the techniques that you gave me.

I am in france and using the french service provider ' BOUYGUYES Telecom' and i activated the ' Data Pocket Option' that would enable me to use internet but the problem is that i couldn't do the settings to get the icon back, so now i have a message ' Data Connexion Refused'...

So can u guide me how to set the 'internet browser icon'? Is there any other techniques?

Thanks a lot !!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Is the "Data Pocket Option" a Blackberry data plan on you account? I'm not familiar with your provider, do they support Blackberry devices? If not you are not going to have Data Services with your Blackberry.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

If you're getting Data Connection Refused then it's not a Blackberry data plan and it won't work with the Blackberry (and that's why you don't have the browser).

reading123 no está en línea Stack level 1

i am having the same problem here in UAE. i got my unlocked mobile from the US... i can not get the web icon . though i downloaded opera mini. still i can not get a connection for the internet. though the email works fine...
    i called the service provider here, and they are lost.. they could not help me. i told them i am sure there is something related to the settings..

Question Re: How can i get the Internet Browser ?

Quote Originally Posted by reading123
    i am having the same problem here in UAE. i got my unlocked mobile from the US... i can not get the web icon . though i downloaded opera mini. still i can not get a connection for the internet. though the email works fine...
    i called the service provider here, and they are lost.. they could not help me. i told them i am sure there is something related to the settings..
    now i don't have even the email... I mean it's not working. Can u tell me please how u made the settings. Thanks