Is anyone using a hosted BES service? I am trying to use myexchangemail.com and having ... General Blackberry forum

cmpfau no está en línea Stack level 2

Hosted BES Service

Advertisement

Is anyone using a hosted BES service? I am trying to use myexchangemail.com and having issues with receiving emails. 8830 from sprint, everything syncs fine except I do not receive emails. Myexchangemail.com tells me that I need to log onto my company's OWA and have all emails forwarded to myexchangemail.com to be able to receive them. That does not sound right, I just switched from Treo and used an outside exchange company and did not have to do that. Plus I would think that if I receive an email that way and push reply it would send it right back to me and that would be a huge hassle. There has to be an easier set up than what they want me to do and what I am trying to do.
    1. do I need to use BB desktop and set it up with BES to be able to get my emails.
    Myexchangemail.com told me I did not even have to have that.

Any help would be much appreciated, this has become an week long process and not getting any where.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Hosted BES Service

I'm not trying to sound sarcastic, but did you try their suggestion to see if it would work?
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Sorry, Yes I did and it works. But the problem is that when I click reply it comes right back to me. I just think I am missing something, I would think that other people using hosted exchange don't have this problem and I just thought I must be missing something. Again, I had a Treo and used a hosted exchange and did not have to do this. I might call them and see how they set up my account.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

First, an hosted BES uses there own BES and exchange servers. It does not connect to you companies exchange server. You are wanting the hosted BES to substitute for your companies email service. It just won't work seamlessly unless you use their exchance server for own email. Are you the owner of the company or just trying to get your work email to your BB?

Sorry
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just trying to get my work email to my BB and use the wireless servie of BES. I used a treo and was able to do it with no problems, just don't know why it will not work with a BB?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well I really don't know about the Treo hosted service so can't really tell you if BES will do what you want. I'll leave it to someone else to help.

Sorry
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well I just called myexchangemail.com back and they are trying to figure that out. He says if not, they have a new product called Solo that always me to use my works exchange and they host the BES for me. So if all esle fails I might try that, the only down side is it is $24 a month. So we will see.