Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Eh. I dunno. As it sits right now - Cops here will pull you over ... General Blackberry forum

KyleBB8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FD63A5

Advertisement

Eh. I dunno.

As it sits right now - Cops here will pull you over for talking on your phone. If anything - they see it as probable cause to catch you for doing something else.

I think they'll use it as a tool to get you for something else.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    We've had that law here in Colombia south America for a while. However you see people on their phones all the time. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Mr_Carter,

Of course, that's how it is over here and everywhere.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS BETA!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    So if that law has been out for a while what's the drama? Is it because cops and politicians get away with it? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

aimeekelley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    askme
    Quote Originally Posted by mdfleck View Post
    I'm all for these anti-text/email laws going into effect. Too many times I've almost been run off the road by people in overly large SUVs because they were too busy playing with their phone instead of watching where they're going or what they're doing on the road.

You running off the road=one dead
    80 mph vehicle weighing 3 tons swerving all over the road=dozen people dead/injured.
    Passenger train......you get the idea.
    I totally agree. You risk your life every time you get behind the wheel.....don't need some dumba** talking and texting....I am a total crackberry addict but I DO NOT talk or text when driving.....if I am at a red light I will respond to text with "driving ttyl"! I have 2 wonderful kids that I want to be around for....and driving in Savannah is bad enough without people being on their cell.....first person that hits me because they were on the phone might better lock the door because it will take a lot for not to pull your sorry a** out of your vehicle and tell you off!! And yes I am mad......DRIVE AND STOP TALKING/TEXTING!! Trust me that phone call or text will be there when you you get to your destination....get in an accident and kill someone you will be making collect calls from the county jail on a pay phone with bad reception!! That is if you don't end up DEAD!!!!

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by aimeekelley View Post
    I totally agree. You risk your life every time you get behind the wheel.....don't need some dumba** talking and texting....I am a total crackberry addict but I DO NOT talk or text when driving.....if I am at a red light I will respond to text with "driving ttyl"! I have 2 wonderful kids that I want to be around for....and driving in Savannah is bad enough without people being on their cell.....first person that hits me because they were on the phone might better lock the door because it will take a lot for not to pull your sorry a** out of your vehicle and tell you off!! And yes I am mad......DRIVE AND STOP TALKING/TEXTING!! Trust me that phone call or text will be there when you you get to your destination....get in an accident and kill someone you will be making collect calls from the county jail on a pay phone with bad reception!! That is if you don't end up DEAD!!!!
    Well said.

I dropped out of this "argument" when I still belonged to the Treo forums and members were bragging about playing games on their PDA's while blasting down Laurel Canyon. It's an "accident" when it happens to someone else, it suddenly becomes a "tragedy" when it happens to you or your family. "Texting", while driving, should be as severely punished as being the third vehicle through a red light.

[disclaimer: I am _not_ a LEO]
    Last edited by PoliceDog; 09-27-2008 at 11:20 AM.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    And it just gets worse!
    In my state they just passed a law that makes it illegal to drive when sitting in the back seat !!!
    sent via BlackBerry
    while not driving.
    (wap.pinstack.com)

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    LMBO @ Archer. Darn, just when I was getting good at stearing from the sleeper while microwaving porridge at 0200.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Haha, one of our local postal carriers drives her vehicle from the passenger seat. She steers with her left hand, uses her left foot for the brake and gas all while driving around in the passenger seat so she can put mail in peoples boxes from the right side of the car. She's really good at it too.....so why not the back seat lol
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

contractorslim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319fd5aa
    Hey everyone,
    Well in NC they banned texting for ppl under the age of 18. We spoke with a police officer not too long ago and they said that texting among teens rose like 15 percent. Many times with the teenagers when you place a law against something popular it makes them want to do it even more, I text and drive and I know about the risks that we take doing so. So we will have to just wait and see how things go with the laws. Wish everyone the best of luck with them!

KyleBB8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FD63A5
    Driving from the passenger seat... Heh. Wow.

I could never get away with that. My car is too close to the ground and as such as a lower profile in the cab, that and a center console that takes up the entire middle of the floor.

Mosdefin no está en línea Stack level 2
    C'mon are you serious?!?!? A majority of drivers don't know how to signal when they're about to make a turn and you actually think they should be allowed to txt message? Don't you see something wrong with this?

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    I wouldn't be opposed to no texting while driving. I know a lot of people who think they can do both at the same time. You can't. And you shouldn't. Some people can barely drive without throwing in texting or talking on the phone.

I think its a good preventative law instead of waiting for it to become a problem like drunk driving they have a chance to impact the way people think and act towards this issue.

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    Last July they passed a law here in California stating you MUST be hands free to use your device in the car while driving. The funny thing was if you would read into the law, text messaging wasn't applied! You could still text while driving!

Well I just saw on the news last night that some Senator is looking to outlaw texting while driving in ALL states. Man that's wack-sauce!!!

Luckily for us, the Blackberry users can still Email and PIN. Oh yes, I can see it now, they pass the NO TEXTING Law, and Emailing and PINning will fall through the cracks, seeing how Texting is classified as SMS (and maybe even MMS), but by definition Email and PIN messages won't count because they use a different type of technology.

Guaranteed though, a cop pulls me over thinking I'm texting and I'm like "No Mr. Officer, I'm emailing. They're 2 very different things, and the law says nothing about Emailing being against the law, just texting!"

Then taking the case to court, they'll ban cellphones from being turned on in people's cars.

So is anyone here in a state that has a hands free law? Does anyone obey that law? If they ban texting will you be S.O.L.? Will you still email from your Berry?
    this guy can't be serious looking for loopholes...whether you're emailing or pinning anyone it's all the same crap. you're inputting text into the device, hence you're texting....i'm the same way as a few others in here, when i drive i usually get from A to B within 20 min. or less, so whatever messages i get can wait....granted i have been known to read a message or 2 under heavy traffic....on the flipside, anyone texting or calling me while they are driving gets hung up on. i don't want to be a part of their potential accident.

i do think that once these laws come to pass in every state. developers out there will be creating a slew of apps to do voice texting like the vlingo thing.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    My buddy is a cop in CA he told me they can pull you over and give you a ticket whether your txting or PINing, he told me it falls under the basic speed law, if you peracticing unsafe driving habbits then they can write you a ticket for it

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast