Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Id flip if I got a ticket around here...Considering the cops usually too deep into ... General Blackberry forum

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...

Advertisement

Id flip if I got a ticket around here...Considering the cops usually too deep into their phone conversations to notice anybody else on the phone..lmao. Hypocracy(sp?)

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by c0rinne View Post
    How is this a bad thing?

Considering the fact that almost 80% of the drivers out there think that they are "above average" drivers, I'm pretty sure most have no clue how well (or not so well) they drive.

I get honked at for following the appropriate rules of the road (and I'm 22), for not breaking the law just because I can. That makes me believe that we need more, not less, regulation when it comes to driving.

i agree, there is nothing happening on my curve that is worth me or anyone else losing their life over. it can wait til i stop
    "CENSORED"

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    my uncle was pulled over a couple weeks ago cuz the officer thought he was talking on his phone, but he was putting his bluetooth in his ear IN ORDER TO talk on the phone, after he convinced the officer he didnt even answer his phone because he didnt have time the officer continued and gave him a citation---FOR HIS WINDOWS BEING TOO DARK SO HE COULDN'T SEE IF HE WAS TALKING ON HIS CELL!! cops are ruthless here in the valley.
    **Ashmee**

mdfleck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2400FE4D
    I'm all for these anti-text/email laws going into effect. Too many times I've almost been run off the road by people in overly large SUVs because they were too busy playing with their phone instead of watching where they're going or what they're doing on the road.

You running off the road=one dead
    80 mph vehicle weighing 3 tons swerving all over the road=dozen people dead/injured.
    Passenger train......you get the idea.
    8100 Pearl for the win!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Yeah if they want you they will find something to give you a ticket for. Years back, I had a sweet little S-10 tinted dark and loaded with sound that hit (124db big stuff 10 yrs ago). The officer pulled me over for having a blue neon liscense plate(only light i had back there) and said since I was running a blue light I was impersonating an officer. So I made him follow me home,you know so nobody else might get confused(LOL, Yeah right), and then took it to court. Luckily since my dad knew the judge and went with me, not only did he throw it out but I even got out of court costs too, for police officer harassment!(it was 3am and he had nothing better to do but pull me over, with his buddy he had been parked next to, talking)

I also talk and text but try to use my BT as much as possible!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    I, too, fail to see why this is a bad law. Texting/emailing/etc while driving is NOT safe, period. Just saw a study recently that said that you are way more alert and in control while drunk driving than while texting and driving.

For the record, hands-free is required here in DC. There has been talk of banning texting as well but I don't think it's happened quite yet.

I use BT or plug into my aux in my car stereo when I talk in the car. In the interest of full disclosure, I do text on occasion while in heavy stop-and-go traffic or at red lights.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by c0rinne View Post
    How is this a bad thing?

Considering the fact that almost 80% of the drivers out there think that they are "above average" drivers, I'm pretty sure most have no clue how well (or not so well) they drive.

I get honked at for following the appropriate rules of the road (and I'm 22), for not breaking the law just because I can. That makes me believe that we need more, not less, regulation when it comes to driving.
    Word! I had some guy riding my tail the other day and I was going the speed limit! So the guy jumps into the next lane to go around me, it would've been a tight squeeze to get through the other car and my SUV, so I sped up to keep him from getting through. Then I see the guy get pissed and move back into the other lane behind me and continue to ride my tail! So I slam on my breaks which he pisses him off even more, so he jumps into the bicycle lane and speeds around me. We end up side by side and the next red light and I waved to him. You could see in his face he was pissed, and he jackrabbits right when the light turns green and guns it down the street. I continue going the speed limit to the next red light and pull up next to him again, waved at him again, and he flipped me off!

My personal opinion is there's good multitaskers and there's people who think they're good multitaskers. If I see someone texting while driving a straight line and going the speed limit, kudos, good job! But if homegirl's swirving like driving in a toranado and I take a look and she's texting, yeah they suck and should be ticketed.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C

guruleenyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    My [OPINION] is it should be illegal to text msg, especially since it more distracting than speaking on the phone while driving! BELIEVE ME, I am a proud crackberry-aholic, but safety first man! :-)

Can you imagine me on my chopper and some geek @$$hole is not paying attention and hits me head-on!!!! If I lived, I'd feel like killing the person!

I feel that way and I am glancing at my BB 98% of the day! Go figure! hehehe
    Last edited by guruleenyc; 09-26-2008 at 07:12 PM.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    My problem is they are picking on phones and texts. Eating, drinking, watching dvd players, using laptops, putting on makeup, playing with the radio are all just as distracting. where are the laws against other distractions. It seems to be a slippery slope. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KyleBB8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FD63A5
    The worst is the 16 year old kids with the SUV on-loan from the parents who have no comprehension of danger.

I almost get side-swiped, have to pull a 007 driving maneuver to avoid getting hit and they don't even know what happened because they're too busy texting Britney about "OMG GUESS WH0 CALLED ME?!?!?!"

Just wait though.. with the right investors - I'll put a stop to it all.

** EDIT: All distractions need to go away in the car. Some you can't do away with. Kids, radios, etc are hard to ban.

The obvious ones can and will be cut off little by little though. Cell phones, laptops, etc are absolutely insane.

Bottom line - you're driving a 1200 - 6000 lbs car. It IS a weapon when used incorrectly.

By texting/talking on the phone behind the wheel - you're pointing a 6000lbs steel weapon at anyone who gets in your way. You better bet you'd feel guilty if something happened and your excuse was "I was texting my girlfriend". YOUR GIRLFRIEND ISN'T IN THE CAR - SHE CAN WAIT.
    Last edited by KyleBB8100; 09-26-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: More to say.

psyko825 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    my cousin just lost his leg below the knee because a 17 year old kid dropped his phone while texting, looked for it reached to get it, ran a red light and hit my cousin on his motorcycle going 40+ miles per hour. id have to agree with the police when they ticket someone for using their phone while driving
    "CENSORED"

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Texting while driving is worse then on a call while driving. Looks like they took forever to banned texting while driving.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS BETA!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KyleBB8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FD63A5
    Exactly. Far too long. psyko825: Sorry to hear about your cousin :-(

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Where I live it is illegal to smoke in commercial vehicles unless you own the Truck and don't have a non-smoking employee with you.

I have yet to hear of anyone being charged for smoking in a tractor trailer unit they don't own.

My partner, a non-smoker, promises to claim he is a smoker should we ever get pulled over for me smoking in the truck.

I think enforcing cell phone laws will only happen in cases where there is an accident and inattention to the road can be proven.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast