Is there any way to set a convenience key to the Home screen or is ... General Blackberry forum

kemichail no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2403fceb

Home screen shortcut or hotkey?

Advertisement

Is there any way to set a convenience key to the Home screen or is there a shortcut to get to the home screen that i don't know?

Holding the ALT key while tapping back key kinda requires two hands and is cumbersome.

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Home screen shortcut or hotkey?

If you hit the end button it doesn't take you to your home screen? And then when you reopen the app it starts back up where you left.... Or am I missing your question? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2403fceb

if you are several screens in, back just takes you one screen back, no? So if in media player - my BB has replaced my iPod to some extent - hitting "back" takes you to the song list, then back again takes you to the Music/Video/Photos/Ringtones screen, back again and you get to home. But if you are playing a song and want to multitask you don't necessarily want to back out, right?

Or if on the browser, instead of closing the browser sometimes you want to switch to the music to change the song playing, and then hit google maps to check where you are, and back to browser...

In order to switch applications while multitasking, i tend to hold Alt while tapping back to select the app. It would be more efficient if there was a shortcut or hotkey to take me straight to the Home page and navigate from there, but for some reason "Home" screen option doesn't appear when attempting to assign a function to the left convenience key.

Is there something i am missing?

Proxima no está en línea Stack level 2

Not the back key, but rather the End key. The red "hang up" key. That hides the current app and takes you you the home screen. When you relaunch the app, it normally pops up right where you left it. Your media player will keep playing for example.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

On my 8100 if I press the "back" button (the one next to the trackball) I go back one screen at a time. If I press the "end" button (the one that I use to hangup the phone) then I go to the home screen directly. Try pressing the end button... Did it for me. Not sure why its not working for you.

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

That was what I was trying to say. If you are in an app and hit the end button then it goes to the home screen. If you are in media player then the song that you are playing will continue. That way you can play your music and use the browser as well. The other option for you would be to go to options>screen/keyboard>scroll down to your convenience keys and reassign one of them to the application switcher.
    Hope that helps.
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

PIN/ID
    2403fceb

Ouch I feel like an idiot. I've had this phone for months and somehow that never occurred to me. Thanks people