So i found a guy on craigslist that has a new flip and everything works ... General Blackberry forum

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

hmmm question. bout buying craiglist phone

Advertisement

So i found a guy on craigslist that has a new flip and everything works he has charger and leather pouch he just doesnt have the back cover. He will trade with me for my curve now im weary about getting it cause well without the back cover last time i heard of someone selling one of craigslist it might have been stolen... i asked if i can put my sim in and try it out before we trade he said yes he got a back cover for it today and he's willing to trade i was just wondering if anyone knows if it well not if its a good trade just what would you do if everything works would there be a problem? I cant say its stolen cause i dont know for sure but i dont want to get the phone then it doesnt work down the line does that make sense? just wondering other peoples thoughts on the matter.

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    ask for the IMEI number and confirm it isnt stolen with the carrier
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    are you meetimg them in person? if so i would feel a lot better about it. maybe he/she is just not happy with the flip and wants a curve. maybe when you exchange berrys,exchange license numbers too.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Meet with the person and, if it feels right, it probably is. If not, walk away. Try out your SIM in the phone and work it over. That's the advantage of using Craig's List. I get a LOT of spam thru Craig's List but meeting the person and trying out the device is worth its weight in gold. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    ask for the IMEI number and confirm it isnt stolen with the carrier

I agree, as a Company IT guy, that's the first thing, we do when and if we find old blackberries, or we completely wipe the info linked to the IMEI...just get the IMEI# and check it out, if the seller refuses to give you the number, check elsewhere for another phone

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    i am going or i am supposed to go meet the person at tacobell um he did say i can try it out and all will tmobile tell me if its stolen phone or not?

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    they can tell you if is blacklisted or reported as stolen, just a safety measure
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    I dunno I would be carefull make sure everything works check for dents scratches you know how them blackberries are you might not see it but it could completely screwed...

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    if u want when u put ur SIM in the phone, just call T-mobile csr and just ask a them a couple of question, about the phone, this way you don't look suspicious and at the same time your letting them know ( if the phone is clean) ur doing an upgrade..good luck i hope it works out for you...

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you have a data plan try to meet him at an internet cafe instead. Then you can plug the IMEI and PIN into your BIS and see if it's all good or not.

As far as there originally not being a back cover, he could either have been using an extended battery which uses a larger back cover and might have replaced the original, or he might've got the whole unit off ebay, where many of the as is (parts or repair only) BB's are sold without batteries and/or back covers. Then again, his dog might've just eaten it, since that happens too.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Just FYI: Insurance/warranty exchanges often come without back covers, as they tell you to keep your own and only send the PHONE itself back in. This may or may not be the case here.

PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    thats true too thanks guys i did talk to the dude im gonna meet him tomorow seems on the up and up we will see tomorow thanks again.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Just FYI: Insurance/warranty exchanges often come without back covers, as they tell you to keep your own and only send the PHONE itself back in. This may or may not be the case here.

This is what I was thinking. He had an exchange, got the new phone and is now selling you the old one.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    This is what I was thinking. He had an exchange, got the new phone and is now selling you the old one.
    You'd be surprised how many people try to pass off used phones as new on CL.. Ridiculous. One time this guy forgot to delete his pictures off an 8300 I was getting for my sister. Idiot.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    If you feel uneasy about it. Then walk away. It is not worth the head ache and doubt over a few dollars.