Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm a junior in Highschool. Personally, the Pearl hasn't helped me much schoolwise, but it's ... General Blackberry forum

vyl10 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Highschool Users

Advertisement

I'm a junior in Highschool. Personally, the Pearl hasn't helped me much schoolwise, but it's still awesome. I guess it's pretty cool because I can read/view attachments. I had a Sidekick 3 before and it was pretty great for school. It had Flashcards which helped.

Edit: Also got much more compliments and "Wow can I see you phone?!" WITH THE SK3, but I'm kind of glad no one really ask to hold my pearl; I like my trackball clean and untouched by dirty hands :]

krazed14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E18D0B

Its funny, at my school (slas) no one knows what a blackberry is. They say is that a "chocolate" or my favorite a "slvr". Ha, they make me laugh. Anyways, I'm a 13 year old freshman.

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

wow, i can't imagine kids in junior high and high school are able to afford a $400 phone, amazing. back then when those big block cell phones first came on the market, you had to be super rich to have one which the very first cell phones went for $2,000.

now you see 12 year olds with cell phones. its pretty amazing how time has changed. especially high end electronics in the hands of junior high and highschool kids. for me, i use 90% of it for corporate emails, business school notices and calendar/email.

its amazing how times have changed. When Anna Nicole Smith died yesterday, everyone got notices through their text messaging lol.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by krazed14
    Its funny, at my school (slas) no one knows what a blackberry is. They say is that a "chocolate" or my favorite a "slvr". Ha, they make me laugh. Anyways, I'm a 13 year old freshman.
    SAME AT MY SCHOOL AND ACTUALLY AT SOCCER ALSO. SOCCER IS EVEN WORSE BECAUSE I BET IF THEY KNEW IT WAS A BLACKBERRY THEY WOULD BE ALL OVER IT . But I am not the type to say HEYY EVERYONE I GOT A BLACKBERRY. Lol i bet if i said that they would be like what is that? I too am 13, just in 8th grade. I am not male as everyone thinks I am, I am a female!

GP

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    I will be a highschool student next year. I am a middle school Blackberry User (pearl). It is great because it can help you organize and help study for tests. I also use my laptop at school and is great to tether with! My father is getting the 8700c (this is going to be interesting) becuase he is not very good with technology. At least we get free PIN messaging. I know everyone thinks it's a bit odd for a middle schooler to have a BB, but I do.

GP
    omg im only 23 and I feel like a dinosaur. I remember in middle school all we had was paper and pencil and the occasional calculator. Now you have kids with bb's and laptops in middle school, thats just amazing.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by bbpearlrox
    wow, i can't imagine kids in junior high and high school are able to afford a $400 phone, amazing. back then when those big block cell phones first came on the market, you had to be super rich to have one which the very first cell phones went for $2,000.

now you see 12 year olds with cell phones. its pretty amazing how time has changed. especially high end electronics in the hands of junior high and highschool kids. for me, i use 90% of it for corporate emails, business school notices and calendar/email.

its amazing how times have changed. When Anna Nicole Smith died yesterday, everyone got notices through their text messaging lol.

yeah thats what I was thinking, kids are getting spoiled. My parents would never have bought me something that expensive at that age, especially since its not a necessity but oh well

atarimaster no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm a also a highschool user BB pearl~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    omg im only 23 and I feel like a dinosaur. I remember in middle school all we had was paper and pencil and the occasional calculator. Now you have kids with bb's and laptops in middle school, thats just amazing.
    HAHA i just turned 23 this past month and reading this, i feel like a gramps already too, and how i need to get adopted by these parents so they can pay for my mortgage lol.

Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    It's hard to think that 50 cent and greenday ect. will be considered oldies one day. Times have changed, watch when I am 23 kids will have plasma tv's and be bringinglaptops to school when they are 7 or 8! Maybe when I am 23 they will have cars that drive themselves, who knows. Reality is time chages,, there is nothing you can do about it...........

Just my thoughts,
    GP

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

god you people make me feel old! In high school, i had my dads old 486 PC running windows 3.1 and a cheap planner from walmart. I didn't get my first cel phone till I was 20 and able to afford it on my own, no blackberry till I was like 22 or something. Plus all these kids using them for school actually seem to be finding the BB productive...it's the exact opposite for me; it's what I use to screw around at work...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by fiz_x
    god you people make me feel old! In high school, i had my dads old 486 PC running windows 3.1 and a cheap planner from walmart. I didn't get my first cel phone till I was 20 and able to afford it on my own, no blackberry till I was like 22 or something. Plus all these kids using them for school actually seem to be finding the BB productive...it's the exact opposite for me; it's what I use to screw around at work...
    i guess i am REALLY old - age 23 was a long time ago for me
    my 12 year old son has a CELL phone...that's it! i work full time, so i am not always there and i want to him to be able to reach me and vice versa... he has text messaging - only because that's what *they* do now. i would never give him a phone that has all the capabilities of a bb...unless he was paying for the phone AND service...i guess it really depends on the child too. GotPearl? is very mature for her age

abaqueen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PMme4it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I'm very proud of todays youth with BB's. I think it's awesome! Some of you might be future developers!

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    GotPearl? is very mature for her age
    QFT... ask her about getting her Eyebrows done hah! -Aber

Quote Originally Posted by Abrcrmbskier
    QFT... ask her about getting her Eyebrows done hah! -Aber
    LOL DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME BECAUSE MY EYEBROWS GROW FAST!I will take it as a compliment that I am mature for my age .

GP

krazed14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E18D0B

My parents spoil the heck out of me. Lol!
    They got me the pearl about 4 months ago and now they're asking "when is that new blackberry coming out? Do you want to upgrade your phone?"
    My birthday is coming up and they are talking about getting me a car!.. Lol!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast