Hi, I've got a 7130e hooked up to my company's BES and I currently have ... General Blackberry forum

RevT no está en línea Stack level 1

Hiding filed messages when they are moved on the server

Advertisement

Hi,

I've got a 7130e hooked up to my company's BES and I currently have the "Hide Filed Messages" option set to Yes on my BB.

My problem is this: Filed messages only seem to hide if they are filed on the BB, but not if I file them in Outlook.

For example, if I file a message from my BB it hides, moves both on the BB and in Outlook and I can view it again by going to the "View Folders" option. In other words, it works great.

But, if I'm working at my desk and I file a message in Outlook, the message on the BB stays visible. It DOES pick up on the filing because the headers indicate "Folder: XXXX". It just doesn't hide. Forcing a reconcile doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Hiding filed messages when they are moved on the server

Revt welcome sorry I can't help you. just wanted you to feel at ease.
    someone with a little more experience in this arena should be along shortly.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Do the filed messages on the BB have a folder icon or envelope?

What OS are you running?

UCMO_byerly no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Do the filed messages on the BB have a folder icon or envelope?

What OS are you running?
    I am having the same issues. However, my 8700 is activated on a BES for Groupwise running v4.1. Multiple users are having the issue. The icons are folders on most but the ones not hiding are envelopes. I have verified this on 5 users devices including mine. The devices range from a 7290 (4.1.0.377/1.8.0.154), three 8700s (4.2.1.96/2.3.0.79) and one Curve (4.2.2.89/2.4.0.39). All are running the latest desktop software and the server is up to date. When I try to file a message already in the folder on the Groupwise client, the correct folder is already highlighted. When I file the message the message disappears and the icon is changed when I look at the message in the folder.